1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st MrCrankshaft feedback

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Oct 25, 2012.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I just finished doing a crank and top end on a YZ125 that the PO had put a HotRods crank in. The HotRods crank lasted only 6 months so I wasn't about to buy another one. I sent Vince @ MrCrankshaft the crank on a Thursday and had it back on the following Tuesday. He is an old school machinist and mechanic and like me he refuses to use cheap parts. We got to talking on the phone about bikes, drag cars, trials, and getting more kids in to dirt bikes. I found him to be a really cool guy with a lot of enthusiasm for motorcycles. One thing that I thought I share with my Husky brethren is that his opinion of Husqvarna components and other euro brands was very high. He said materials were top quality, precisely assembled and not compromised by shortcuts such as poor heat treating of parts or only surface hardening parts that should have been completely hardened. This is not always the case with Weisco and HotRod crank kits that might use Chinese components.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    good info and resource. The husky 125 sure do last a LONG time compared to most other 125's. Over built in a good way. I'll trade a few pounds for longevity any day.
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    No Doubt! Especially when I've got weight to loose! I could make up the difference myself!

It's always good to hear when people who really know quality, speak highly of something I own.