1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st mud gaurds rubbing on fork tubes baaaad!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 85 senior, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

hi guys and girls,i did my second race with my 09 wr 250 and what a great bike but now im going through and checking the small details on my two week break before we start to hit it again and i noticed that the lower plastic fork protectors are rubbing badly on the upper fork tube.i have tried removing them and seeing if i could flex them and i have also put zip-ties around the upper tube but they just get eaten away.and yes i do have the little metal rings in place but they do nothing and are youguys eating up rear brake pads really bad and fast? other than that the bike is bullet proof!!
  2. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

You might want to get new fork guards. I think someone changed to GasGas since they seem to have a little more protection. I had the same thing happen to one fork but I have kept an eye on them since. You can loosen the three bolts holding them and move the guards a safe distance and retighten. It worked for me.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The guards on my GasGas IMO aren't as good as the Husky. The side with the brake cable flexes causing it to rub the dust seal... mine is an '03 maybe the new ones are better.
  4. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used a heat gun and warmed up the base of them while pulling out at the top. I got about 1/4" of clearance now.
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Just cracked my left protector between bolt holes on the bottom. Left one has always rubbed on the upper pretty hard. Any solution to this is interesting to me too. Reheating has not worked.
  6. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    On the rear brakes-not much you can do. Was thinking of looking at some type of splash protection. Rode a wet Alligator and had to put new pads in at each gas. Was also thinking of going backwards a bit and looking at a rear drum off an older husky for the nasty rides. They always worked on my '82 wr.
  7. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Put a mud disk on the rear - that will give you the best pad life. Sloppy conditions with a sandy/gritty base & a vented disk will usually make short work out of a set of pads.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep and different pad and great varying stopping power and longevity.
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    The 09's come with solid rotors. And they eat pads quick.
    Im still running the original 2 year old fronts and they only look half worn. Go figure.
  10. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

I stole this picture from te 250 girl. I am pretty sure she got these from GasGas.

Attached Files:

11. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

The only suggestion I have left is to try a few different brands of pads......Maybe the stock ones are from a bad batch???
    I generally get a full season out of a set of rears (~100 hrs or so) & we seem to always have a lot of mud & slop up here........
    Granted, when I've rode in the Haliburton highlands(very gritty conditions), I had situations where I've used up a set in one ride......
  13. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

thanks for all the replys and i think im gonna try a different band of pad...im using stock right now. i just came off of a yz 250 and that had a vented disc and i raced the same harescramble courses and i would get 6 to 8 races out of the rear pads.oh well ...totally dif. bikes still digging the husky!!! and as for the fork gaurds........ive tried all of the above i guess i have to just check it every ride/race and just be creative!!!
  14. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You could order the 2010 OEM fork guards. They are different than the ones that MotoPlastics sell. My 2010 125 fork guards don't touch the fork at all. I've got a set of the MotoPlastics guards on my 09 300 and they are digging right into the fork. I'm going to switch over this week.
  15. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    My 2010 wr250 ate rear pads quick, but I think it was because I had the lever adjusted so it was always on....bought some moose xcr pads and they don't show any wear after like ten hours. Oh and adjusted the pedal. Make sure there's play in the pedal!