Mudd to Dust Bowl

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jones, Jan 18, 2010.

1. jones Husqvarna
    C Class

My last ride was the Hangover in WA, this weekend I was in southern CA and rode this, http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/2010/jan10/2010umc.jpg, This was one rocky tough ride, but fun, other than the bike problems I had.

There were three seperate loops, and 2 miles into the first loop my rear brake line came loose at the caliper. I lost all the brake fluid, so with no rear brake the first loop became pretty slow. Not much fun trying to ride accross the desert in sand washes and accross g-outs and ditches with no rear brake.
    After the first loop I had a 30min break till the second loop, and it took me about 45min to get the rear brake to blead out. It was a royal pain. I just about gave up and then leaned the bike to the right side and was able to blead the brake. It would not do anything leaned on the kick stand??
    So I started the second loop about 15-20min behind and just ripped the course. When I came in had 15 min till the start of the 3rd loop. Sweet, and then I realized I had 2 flat tires. I was done. I was kind of glad, I was wore out any way.
    It was a fun ride, but the te450 needs a stabilizer and some suspension work to be a decent desert bike.

[IMG]

The start

[IMG]

[IMG]

A milage reset

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This coming weekend there is a husky demo days going on sat and a national hare & houd going on sunday in Johnson valley. Sure would be fun to hit that.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, looks a little different than the hangover :lol:
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm relieved to hear that the rest of your bike did not fall apart while you were out there.:thumbsup:
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the nat H&H will work you. first loop typ dez all can do loop L2 will have ugly terrain and scary elevation changes. just do it!
  5. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to hear about the problems. Sometimes it goes that way. On the bright side though, you didn't have to get a tow back to the pits or even worse, have to push for a spell.