1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc MX only tires for CR144??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by montgob1, Jun 24, 2011.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Any recomendations? I tend to overthink my choices but i am looking for a new rear at least for my 09 CR125/44. I ride pac northwest intermediate soil. Soft and deep in the morning and turns hard as a rock and slick in the afternoon as the clay sets up.
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pirelli MX Extra 100/100X18
  3. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I switched last year from Michelin S-12s over to the Pirelli's. The front doesn't "push" as much and the rear wears much better with the same traction. (Atlanta, Georgia)
  4. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Motoz... if you can get them...

I would test out them Pirelli's if I were you. Sounds like a good tire.

Later,
  5. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

Pirelli scorpion mid soft is pretty much the only sets we run but we only run motocross.
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Bridgestone 303/403 on the mx bike. Sticks like glue at mt view.
  7. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Sorry Dwight, that 18 would be tough to get on my CR wheel :) Smoke, you run the 32? Jhunter, which pirelli's? The scorpion mid soft is the stock tire that came on my CR i think. GOod tire but has gotten slick lately with the heat and dry track conditions. I am leaning towards the MX extra cause i hear its light, old guys like me need all the help we can get on little bikes.

PC, you mean 403/404?
  8. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've ran Pirelli tires since the early 90's. On my CR 144 and TC 450 I run the MX Extra on the rear and the Fim Scorpion Pro on the front, it's pretty similar to the Mid/Soft but seems to be more versatile and better on intermediate/hard terrain. The nice thing about 125's/144's is that they are so much easier on tires than a big bike. Pirelli's hold up well and work great at any of the Northwest tracks. I run this combo everywhere.
  9. smoke229 Husqvarna
    A Class

you guys are going to think im silly but i think different tires work better on some bikes than others, we hated the M403/404 combo so much we took them off 3 new bikes last season, but ive read alot of reports of people really liking the tires. i know the pirellis are working great for us on the Husky. i also really like the dunlop mx51 rear but they are so stiff and hard to install i quit buying them, pirellis fall right on the rim compared to the mx51's