My 125 report (robertaccios thick gourd gets it)

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by robertaccio, Aug 23, 2009.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    All the hoopla from both sides of the country and many inbetween locations about the fun effectiveness and competitive nature of riding a daggone 125 has kept clicking into the back of my thick skull (testa dura o testa di marmo).
    Well I had recently did a maxi rebuild/refurb of my kids 97 RM125 and had goofed around on it just to check it out,,,I could not deal with it at all and could not figure all you guys and your 125s (Huskys) out, the last 125 I rode before the Kids was a top pros TM125E and I really was a goofball on that thing,,my slower reflexes and tank like weight could not get the thing to do much but bog then pop out my eyeballs with its sick freakin brakes..............next chapter

with my TXC in max TLC mode I decided to take the RM out thinking that the dad (me) would hang out and read while the kids and other of the ride crew would go out and hit our sandy single track stuff.
    well with prodding and peer pressure, I joined the 2 plus me crew, for a 125 ride,,, the first hour I was stalling low bogging over braking etc etc ,,,,,but slowly started to get the hang of the clutch slip quick shift stay on the pipe type thing,,,by the end yesterday I started feelin it,,,,that 125 bug all you guys have been raving about.
    well we ending up staying over night camping,,,,,,,and this morning the crew was ready for another ride into the sage brush, Timo300Kato,Massimo450Kato,RoboRM125

I just started keepin that sucker way up in the rpms and slippin the clutch out of corners,,,,but when the real revelation hit was when I realized going into corners to just toss that little gal into the sand berm corners and push that handlebar into the ground and just gas it,,,,,,well you guys finally I GET IT,,,,,,dudes I promise you all that big slow me was freakin railing on that thing and the comments from the small but well knowledged crew was that in that tight stuff I was quite abit faster on the little Japanese gal than on the more voluptuious (SP??) Italian gal.
    I kept thinking about how the FMF Danny and Donny crew always show up with RMs at every nutty Tecate ride and how that crazy (tall)Travis Pastana rides his RMs and positioned myself that way and man that thing just railed without fear around the craziest U turn low berms around trees into washes,even up into the rocks,,,, man a light went off above my Airoh!!!

Now I get it,,,they are blast and can make you feel like a hero ,,wow and all this from a 97RM125!! HMMM I Can imagine 2008-9 WR/CR125

Bike ridden 1997 RM125, PV set to OEM standard, D756 tires, FMF fatty pipe with shorty muffler, 10oz Steahly weight !, fresh suspension (me too heavy), Over size Braking kit, bigger pegs (weld on), Pro taper bar, Acerbis open end hand guards, jetted to FMF spec but set slightly leaner for heat and altitude, 32:1 Maxima K2 then Super M. I am amazed and once I loosed up it was my biggest revelation of the season. Fun fun fun..........hmmm what will be the next machine,,,,cant think now it will need to be next years model. But 2 smokers are back on my agenda.enjoy the ride, R
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    yep...:thumbsup:

I figure the newer Husky 125s...have a little more on tap....given the constant state of development..

I was out all day yesterday on the WR it was fantastic....after two tanks of fuel..I was pretty sore on the way home...:cry:

but I felt very satisfied with my riding and had big smiles all the way home.....:thumbsup:
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You've been inducted! Now find a used Husky 125 and you'll really be smiling.:thumbsup:
  4. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I seem to be headed in the other direction ... I was out on my 08 cr with factory connection suspension and I was have a bit of a time keeping it on the pipe in the rocks. I told the fc guys to lean a little to the racy side so it may be a bit firm, but the most noticable thing to me was the jetting needs to be spot on. slamming into rocks really killed the moment and then blap no more power. Was thinking more than once that a little extra juice from a 200 would be nice. Gonna tough it out through the fall and see if I can figure out how to ride it. Was kind of wet and slick today.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The tater chip lightness is what's so great. A 125 to you is like what an 85 is to me.:D
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    You should have come to the Husky Gathering for a little 125 riding clinic. Drew Smith and myself had '09 WR125's, my friend Bill had his new '07 WR125 and Brian Walters had an '04 CR125 (I'm not sure, as Brian had to leave for WNYOA HS and I didn't get to ride with him). Bill's son has a KTM 200 and after riding his Dad's '07 and my '09, he wants a WR125! You might better get the KTM 200, you won't rest until you have one. '10 KTM 150XC looks cool, but same price as a 200.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I told you so I told you so I still love my 125 but i have been cheating on her with a Wr 250 please do not tell. Cant wait until the Worc race at Glen Helen on the 20th
    i will be testing both bikes .Then maybe the National up by Salt Lake City Utha on the 26 might see me on a 250 Last year the first 85 miles were fast in the sand .
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I knew ya would check in!!! Ajax, my TXc is getting a little midsummer love so she can continue the finishing ways, I also rode the kato 450exc today and after the RM it was unridable for me!!! I am sooo confused now,,,,,just don't give me a Berg 390 to try......then I might really lose it!!! PS looks good for the WHS glen helen and for the 100s MC final H&H for me pending anymore doctor crap.....
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Drew Smith on a WR125 that sounds like a real deal riding clinic!!! Norm will there be a WER report on the 125?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Rode an 08 TXC250, 09 WR125 and 2010 FE390 Berg back to back all weekend. All very different bikes all very capable and have their own charm. It was cool to trade off and not be slower or faster no matter which one. the little 09 WR125 stood up to the big guys with no issues and hung right there. Amazing.