1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc My 99 WR 125 Build

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jason380, Sep 22, 2013.

1. jason380 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 KTM 380, 03 RM 250, 06 KTM 450
    It's been a while since I posted but I've been lurking and wrenching on the beater WR 125 I got. The $400 WR has been overhauled and now sports 2004 plastics. I did find that I will need the airbox (ordered) and radiators to complete the swap but for now it works with all but the side panels. I broke in the bike today and was impressed with how hard this little bike pulls. After a little bit (10 minutes of riding after the 3rd heat cycle) it became blubbery on the top then moreso in the mid as well then got to the point it would hardly run. I pulled the plug and it was black so it seems rich. The TMX carb is pretty shot with wear on the slide and who knows what else. It didn't even have the air screw when I got it and the hole was packed with dirt!! It's jetted 35P 400M and I'm unsure of the needle. I'm at about sea level and it was in the mid 60's today. I had the AS adjusted a little fat for the break-in but it still came on the pipe hard at first--and that's with the incorrect throttle cable the prior owner installed which is too long thus only giving about 3/4 throttle max. The reeds looked good when I had it apart but it acts like one may have broken or maybe the PV is not working correctly.
    On another note the CR 250 shock I swapped in is either VERY stiff or something is binding. I get pretty much zero race sag and very little rider sag with my 200lbs on it. I have backed off the preload and it helped very little. I'll make another post regarding that problem but overall I think this will be a great practice bike and bike for the wife (if I don't steal it!!) once I get it fine tuned. Much of the bike is fresh now with little investment but a lot of time so I hope I can get it sorted.
    Jason
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    check for binding in the swinger and linkage too...
  3. jason380 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 KTM 380, 03 RM 250, 06 KTM 450
    I'm slowly getting this bike sorted. It's running pretty well and I think the blubbery running came from my No Toil filter oil. I noticed some oil coming out of the airbox so I pulled the filter and found that there was still some excessive oil along the edge of the filter. I cleaned the air boot, squeezed out the excess oil, and swapped the plug and the bike is now ripping on the mid-top. The carb is still spewing fuel despite checking the floats and float valve. There is some chrome coming off the slide as well so I'm contemplating a Keihin swap. I have a ton of jets and I'm comfortable tuning it as my 380 was a bear to jet before the head mod. Has anyone done the swap on the older WR 125?
    I also had much improvement with taking some pressure off the bolts in the suspension. I need a new frame though as the mounts for the linkage on the frame have worn enough to cause play in the swingarm. It was like that when I got it because the bolt didn't even have a nut on it. I'll go ahead and get the suspension sprung and revalved and replace all the linkage and swingarm bearings so I'll be starting fresh with good parts. Next spring it should be like a new bike!