1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st My bars keep twisting...what's the deal?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Brian Scott, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    Lately I seem to be having trouble keeping my 300 upright through rutted and gravely turns. After I dust myself off, reattach my visor, check for broken limbs and open wounds, and then climb back onto my steed I notice my bars have twisted slightly. So, when I'm home I loosen the lower bar mounts (the ones w/the rubber bushings) slightly and coerce the bars back to a true position and then torque the bolts to spec. Great. I'm happy. Then I ride and eventually dump the bike onto hard ground (thank god for full wrap guards), and the bars are again knocked out of position. What's the deal? Do I need to go tighter on the torque? Not sure I can w/the rubber bushings in place? Should I replace the rubber bushings w/something stiffer? Hmmm...
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    this is the one thing i hate about both my Huskys. constantly twisting the bars. both my TC and WR have this issue.

i swapped to the nylon bushings from BRP and they still twist easy. now i'm bending the bolts that go through the mount, even after soft wrecks. annoying to say the least.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I put the BRP nylon bushings on my bike too, the bars have stayed straight so far through some minor crashes, nothing big knock on wood!
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, I have an '08 WR250 and I'm bending the riser bolts also. It looks like a poor design as compared to my KTM200. I think the only fix is to purchase an aftermarket riser kit and ditch the bushings ect...
  5. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    My 08 TC did it every time I dropped it, but the 09 WR125 never has done it. Weird.
  6. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    A BRP riser kit will do the trick.................
  7. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds like you might have a bent bolt.
  8. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i keep plenty of spares in the toolbox.

[IMG]
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    brp aluminium cones(bushes) work a hell of alot better than standard crappy rubber ones & only $25! dont bother undoing bolts to straighten bars, just put them full lock & hit the opposite(highside) end of the bars with base/palm of hand for a couple of whacks. quick easy fix, i have lots of experience trust me!
    giantjoe and Poopy like this.
  10. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    That was my trick too! Just drop it on the other side lightly and done!
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    if ya triple clamps are 'twisted' then its a different story, u gotta loosen clamps off one at a time(top then bottom) & youll normally hear them creak as pressure comes off & straighten up-this is for EPIC proportion soil samples in general! above post just for twisted bar mounts. i hated them stock rubber cones, you could feel the bars flex as you rode! i like everything tight! :)
  12. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    The triple clamps are surely twisted also. The cure is easy to do; first loosen your front axle clamps bolts and the axle to where it has free play. Next loosen the top crown bolts on your fork tubes then the bottom crown bolts, just free of strain. Hold the front tire between your legs and twist the bars straight, you may have to do this a couple of times to get them straight. When they are straightened out start with the front wheel to center it using the correct torque settings[ plenty of how to on U-Tube]. Next torque the bottom clamps and tops, only then tighten the risers and bars. The proper torque is very important on the clamps and front wheel clamps and axle, if everything isn't in sinc it affect the steering under braking and will not turn properly. BRP makes a killer top riser assembly for Huskies and not too bad on the price either. .....This is the reason probably that it handles badly in ruts and gravel because your fork tubes are in a bind. Simple cure. Solid cones will not solve the problem alone.