my dad gitn it done! wolcote and holy cross

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by LEADVILLEHUSKY, Nov 14, 2010.

1. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

heres some pics of my 67 year old dad ridin some of the hardest stuff in the rockys, 2002 610 at wolcot and 1988 510 at mount of the holy cross. i hope im still riding like that at 67!

Attached Files:

Desertyucca likes this.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    :thumbsup: That is so cool. I hope I am still riding dirt when I'm 60!:notworthy:
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    + 1

I hope there is still places like that to ride when I'm in my 60s
  4. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

just think! when my dad first rode mt of the holy croos you could take it all the way to aspen! he did it on a 1968 husky! his 510 has got over 10,000 hard miles on it. baja, tons of rmec enduro, its still going! try getn that out of a new 4 t.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Awesome stuff :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting!!

WoodsChick
  6. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dude! And he looks to be sportin a killer mustache too!

Yesterday at a race I won Vet B class and finished at the 20th percentile overall. But what motivated me most when riding was when I caught and passed a 60+ year old. Just a year ago I was in a race with him and we ended up going back and forth, passing each other a few times. I guess my point of telling you all that is that the dude hauls! I'm 25 yrs younger but only a little bit faster. I know several 60+ year olds that still race and absolutely haul the mail.
  7. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

ay the ahrma nat in millken i saw bill silverthorne just smoke every one! thne guy wasnt even winded! my dads all ways had the stash. he may not be fast anymore but he will go ride any time i call. he even put the 610 in a mine shaft riding here in leadville ! was kinda funny!
  8. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I'm old and slow.....not a good combination
  9. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your dad is a class act! He is an inspiration. In 10 years I'll be 67 and hopefully will still be riding. GOOD show!!!
  10. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

well hes a great! not fast anymore but you ride as hard as you wanna crash!
  11. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    He's out there riding and having fun. That is way more important than speed. A Big :thumbsup:!!
  12. spinkta boy Husqvarna
    A Class

That's good stuff out there. Never had the nerve to ride directly in the Holy Cross Wilderness with my bike. I used to camp and hike out there and I rode in and around Wolcott a couple of times. Nothing beats Taylor Park IMO for all-out high altitude riding. I hope I'm still breathing and standing upright when I'm dad's age! He looked great in the photos. Send us more!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats COOL. :cheers:

I've ridden with a 71 yo dude a few times that does very well and gets upset if we sit to long. :thumbsup: Awesome.
  14. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

correction , we were not riding on wilderness ! it was mount of the holly cross trail..the top is closed wilderness but 3.4 miles of nastyness off of homestake road. the rock crawler guys love this trail.like rocks ? got lots of them up here
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Good to C UR dad doing well on a bike ... I think it takes a combination of things to ride that long including luck .... I ride in races here with a 65 yr old guy ... real hard a$$ in many ways and finishes races well ... He does it mostly for fitness but does not like finishing too far down the line :) ... And got a better attitude than most 20 yr olds I have met ....
  16. BarberPole Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT225
    Your dad is about my age now........70.......and I hope he still gets to ride.

We're still out here riding our huskys........and you all will be too......

The secret is in our hearts. If we stay reasonably healthy........the love and lust for the throttle never goes away.
    I'm really looking forward to this season on my new 08 TE610

I was at Brown Mtn ORV in Morganton, NC recently just after I got the bike and the 610 got some attention........and I got the looks. Ha.
    dave lindsey likes this.