1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc My first husky!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sowers711, Jun 18, 2013.

1. sowers711 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just picked up a 2013 CR 125, it's my first husky. Just looking for any helpful set up or tuning tips for a first time husky owner in south east Michigan. I will be putting the 144 kit on. Any help would be great, thanks
    sabortooth likes this.
  2. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Congrats! Many posts on here about tuning and set-up.Do a thread search and enjoy that bike! I put a lectron carb and a fmf fatty pipe on my wr150 and it is awesome,made a great bike perfect.:cheers:
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Id ride it for a few times with the 125 on it - they are fun . Then the 144 with a fatty - play with needle height and types - general jetting to suit location .
    The 144 can be made to go harder with some cylinder tuning but my 144 goes very well now its sorted
    If you find the 125 not to your liking the 165 kit is an option .
    There was a move towards the leaner 5 slide and richer RM needle with a leaner pilot but if you can get it good with what you have then its all good - search threads in Index
    huskybear and PineapplePicker like this.
  4. PineapplePicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTI
    Congrats! I just got one too. A WR125.
    huskybear and sabortooth like this.
  5. sowers711 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This site is the best! Thanks for the help, was wondering what was different with the carb slide that came with 144 kit than the one that came stock on the bike? Man it's a good bike, hope you love your WR
  6. PineapplePicker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Harley-Davidson FXSTI
    I haven't started my teardown yet so I don't know what is actually in my OEM carb. When I get back home I'll look at the carb slide that came with the "full power" kit.

I believe my WR came with the number 5 slide installed as OEM. I think your CR came with the number 4 installed. Maybe the dealer worked your carb when 144 was installed????
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The number is on the slide . The CR should come with a 4 .0 slide. The full power kits for the wr came with a 4.0 I believe . To help richen the low to mid - reduce bog. But a few guys like the leaner slide with the richer RM needle . The 5.0 slide has a tad bigger cut and so leaner. The 5.0 may suit the 144 better - especially if you use a richer needle or richer needle setting.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/09-wr-125-bog-performance-solved.13435/
    PineapplePicker likes this.