1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st My ice machine dynoe'd. No husky but it works=)!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Did the maid get fired?
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Haha! Yes, she's fired for sure, but she has hard to understand it though;=)!
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Pretty exciting Johnny. My Spanish is a little rusty though, so I couldn't understand much.
    What was the peak power before and after the pipe and needle change?
  5. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Johnny !
    VERY nice number, particulary the torque number.... very nice powerband.
    How much compression do you have and what type of dyno ?
    Do you have run a drag race between the 500 and your WR300 ?

I am in the process of rebuilding my WR300 top end (small main jet and -5 degree = beginning of seizure.)
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hrc630 what were you running for jetting
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello As a reference a standard CR 500 1999 gives around 48 BHP on the rear wheel. The first dynorun gave 59,2 horsepower and 77 Nm at the wheel. Then we changed to the handbuilt pipe and it started giving power at the same revs as the PC-pipe, but peak power was 62,8 BHP and torque is around 80 Nm, and all this at 5800 rpm only. I'll get the dynosheets as soon as he scanned them for me. We did only WOT runs so we didn't laborate with the needles, but i know what works good;=). If i had a 178 mainjet we would get just over 63 BHP as it was slightly rich with 180 and slightly lean with 175.
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello Francis! Long time since we heard from eachother. yes, i'm very satisfyed with the power as i've done the porting myself and put the whole concept together.
    On the dyno i had a 63cc combustion chamber, and cylinder pressure while kicking it with open throttle was 11,75 kilos. That would give 173 PSI if i count right. With the 66cc chamber i reach 165 PSI which is enough. No detonations at all with regular 95 octane fuel and 3% oil. I took a short run with it and it is soo strong! I have to be careful, it,s so agrressive once you open the throttle just a little bit. I run 14/41 gearing and it kicks up on the rear wheel in 4th on half throttle at 3500 rpm. I actually changed combustion chamber to a 66cc to make it slightly "smoother" from the bottom and to get a better overrev. Another thing is that i use a high volume pipe now and it dies at 6500 rpm, but the cylinder is ported to give max power at around 8000 rpm, but i'm quite satisfyed as it is right now!
    I haven't drag raced it agains the 300, but the difference is BIG! The biggest problem is to keep the front wheel down!
    I don't remember what the dyno name is, but it's the type that works with a constant weight that needs to be accelerated, so i guess it's like a Dynojet. Looks about the same, but i can check. His dyno is also known to give quite low numbers when compared to others actually. Anyway, it's nice to know and not here a lot of speculations. now i can say about 70BHP at the crank=).

Ah, ok, so you,ve been running lean my friend! Sounds like a 180 should be good maybe? How many hours do you have on the 300? Any piston change yet?

Johnny
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Pretty cool. You should take some helmet cam vids to post here.
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, i will do that. I hope it freezes here soon so i can get out on the ice and shred it up!
  11. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Ah, ok, so you,ve been running lean my friend! Sounds like a 180 should be good maybe? How many hours do you have on the 300? Any piston change yet?

Johnny[/quote]

Hi Johnny, i have 177 hours on my 300. Never changed the piston. Exept for the small seizure (by my fault, i have run a 172 main instead of the 182 i normally run in winter)... at -5. The cylinder and piston are really nice, no sign of wear except where the small seizure was !
  12. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow! That,s good! 177 hours! My 300 runs like a champ too. Great bike. Nothing broken except from my own mistakes. I have only about 85 hours on mine. I've been using the 500 for the street this summer and the 300 for woods. How is everything going with your cars? Any new projects with the Saab?