1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

My Mag 250

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by nick nack, Aug 29, 2023.

1. nick nack Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    mx2 can am yz360b baja elsinores
    Hi there Husky lovers, this is my 1974 mag 250cr i brought last year,To use at vmx every blue moon! I was brought up dribbing over a 1973 400cr in my fathers packing shed from the age of about 6 to the age of 21 when the old boy gave me the bike,was in bits,as it had a big end nock,Dad got it off one of two sweeds that were traveling nz picking fruit,just so happened one winters day when they had a ride at owl orchard it nocked,and he swapped it for a old hydra ladder of dads to go contracting,as i said it sat there for about 15 years before i rapped it,got it running and as dumb as i was at 21 with out money,sold it,sore point in my life,i found it! sitting in a nother packing shed,to this day! within about 5 kms form where i sold it from,moving on,i looked for a 400 but nothing realy werth the love,so i found this in a small colection and had to buy it,so just doing forks and shocks,plus a going over b4 riding next month, sorry for all the dribble!Nick Nack.

Attached Files:

mysery1 and DeathFromAbove like this.
  2. DeathFromAbove My Cat Says AREAR!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    70,71 360 8s 72,74 450 73 360 73 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    66 Triumph Trophy 99 ZRX1100
  3. nick nack Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers Death,Got the day off work,sun is out and forks 1/2 done now, seal kit ready to fit,this site is mint! so mean tips and question i have,i find here! get these forks working and onto new rear shocks and gearing this arvo,

So the day didnt end with all this done dam it! forks done! mint,tested the front wheel around the other way,but the brake cable is to short,so ill spin it back around,had to fiddle with front gard bolts and mount spacer,made some,hate a front gard on the piss!pulled the tripple clamp off and seen why it was yuke,lower bear cage is mush,so made do with other bears eq... seems like im going in circles all day.just like at work too lol.
    The fork Job: so after cleaning it all up i fitted a set of leading axle fork spring,they were 10mm longer,and used 20 weight rock fork oil,left all the rest stock,but i may rob the caps off those other forks as they have air bleeders, dont know if runing 5 pis will give them a little more plush at the top? i did the oil leave at 5 & 1/2 inc from top.maybe to much,bit i wont know until i get a leg over it,
  4. nick nack Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some more progress tonight, new shocked fitted to rear end,I brought vonkat 13.5 inc slim line as i was having chain rub problems,seem to be nice,time will tell.removed front sprocket,going from 10t to a 13t,forks are holding here oil so far, trying to find some 8mm valve steems ,or are they euro thread in the black-leading axle forks from about 1977 ??