My New 2011 TXC511

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by BignHusky, Jan 1, 2012.

1. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

SO very cool! The first brand spankin new dirt bike i have ever bought off the showroom floor! I have owned many and never thought i would buy a dirtbike brand new but i couldn't resist the deal that was offered so i went for it. 3 states away and 28 hrs of driving to pick up and bring back to Austin TX but it is now in my garage![IMG] One of the salseman captured this shot, never noticed the billboard till after! Only rode it around the parking lot upon delivery but yesterday i was able to take it out the some local trails to try and get a feel for what i had brought home.[IMG]
    The power on this bike feels really good and manageable in many conditions. Blasting away on fire-roads and all out 6th gear straight aways were a real thrill! I had a KTM 520 and although that motor felt equally as strong the whole ergo setup of that bike wasn't as and never felt as confident as i did on the 511 yesterday. Big whoops soaked up very easy and i never felt as tired as i did on the KTM. Throwing this bike sideways into sweepers is a blast.
    First gear feels tall on this bike for tight trails and i guess rightly so for a desert machine, but a tighter 1rst gear i would refuse.
    Along with this chugging along in the tight stuff also resulted in several outs. Clutching and keeping the rpm's a little higher than i am used to i am finding annoying.
    So i have some questions on relieving this and dealing with adding lighting...
    • Will the JD tuner relive me of low RPM stall outs or at least better this situation? The dealer stated that they did reset the TPC, but admitted that they didn't know what it was going to do once i put some hours on it. There is a dealer in town but i don't know if they have the right diagnostic equipment or really if i trust them to go near my bike. I have heard bad from others and i haven't been impressed with the selection of demo bikes and or the salespeople trying to sell them... don't know what that says about the folks wrenching on them in the back but i just have a bad feeling about this place. What does the big brass screw on the side of the EFI control do, is it simply an idle adjustment?

• Lighting... the dealer had headlight and taillight for the TE in stock so i picked that up as i had always intended on plating this bike. Two things i have already noticed is that there is a pickup on the front brake caliper and magnet on the front disc for a digital speedo reading, the wiring is there coming out of the pickup and routed back into the harness behind the plate but i haven't traced it from there. There is also a hydraulic switch on the clutch but none on either the front brake or the rear pedal, does the TE also just use the clutch side for braking lights, is this standard and will it pass a safety inspection? Makes sense but on my KTM i had hydraulic switches for front and rear cylinders.
    • Is there a wiring diagram out there on the net somewhere for the TE / TXC? The mechanic at the dealership said to just wire the lights off the battery but if i can plug and play some of this (as i did with my KTM) i'd rather go that direction.
    Yep well i am going to continue researching on these topics as much as i can and digging around with the wiring to see if i can find somewhere to plug turnsignals and front rear lights into. I am going with the TUSK enduro lighting / turn-signal switch from RockyMountain, cheap, small in profile and cheap to replace. Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience, suggestions or help... Happy New Year!
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think almost everyone who buys one of these gets a JD tuner.

That being said one local guy I know likes his stock TE450 very much!
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great bikes, enjoy. the JD tuners while not mandatory on that bike will help in a lot of ways. Less stalling and better power. A trailtech gauge of your choice will work great on that bike for instrumentation and you can splice it into that wheel sensor.
  4. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

I will definitively will go with the JD, after i get all the lights / electrical completed and plated. I did go with the Vapor for instrumentation? Had the vector on my KTM 520 and 200 exc. Smashed the guts into little bitty trail dust on the one on the 200 so Motosportz i'll check out the billet cover for this too in time... looks like you are running those for a great price. Am i to understand that you are a retailer of the JD tuner also... maybe not but thought i read somewhere that you were dealing those also???
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep we have it all.
  6. Erlendur Husqvarna
    A Class

I myself am a new TXC511 owner, so far I am loving it. I am curious about a few things as you are doing the same modification as I was thinking of doing.
    First, did you get the JD tuner and if so, how is it working?
    Second, have you been able to hookup the lights and how much was a headlight and taillight from the dealer (if you don’t mind me asking)?
    I do have an electronic diagram for the TXC511, let me know if you still need a copy.
    Thanks
  7. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

I haven't picked up the JD tuner yet, but i'm feeling it is a must. Is yours stalling out on decel? I bought the replacement rear fender, tailight, licence plate holder and headlight and shroud all for $249. The rear fender really is a hideous design though and has been redesigned for 2012, you should see if the 012 version will fit if you have an 011 TXC.
    Still working on wiring the lights. I bought the Tusk Enduro switch and wiring harness without the rest of their kit, that was less than $80 at Rocky Mountain ATV. Wierd thing when i went to wire the brake light to the clutch switch... pulling in the clutch would start the bike!!! So just a word of warning, you wouldn't want that under any circumstance that i could think of, especially if the bike was already running!
    I am going to try and use the pickup on the front disc to wire my Trail Tech Vapor into... hope that doesn't produce any oddness :busted:
  8. Erlendur Husqvarna
    A Class

I haven’t had the chance to ride it much but so far I have not experienced any stall-out. Yeah, the clutch starting is a feature I don’t think anybody would want :-). Good point on the rear fender, I’ll have to check that out. Appreciate the feedback. Keep me posted on the JD tuner. Thanks
  9. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

finally got around to hooking up that Trailtech Vapor. Unfortunately splicing into the wheel sensor didn't mean crap to the Vapor??? I might try the pickup screw that came with the Vapor and then splicing the stock wheel sensor to the Vapor pickup wiring, although i don't know whay this would make a difference. Just kinda scratching my head now
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It should work with the stock sensor and wires. I have done them that way a few times. If not the included sensor should screw right in where the stock one is and work fine too.
  11. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll check my connection again before going the Vapor pickup route. The stock wires on the sensor are quite a bit heavier gauge than the Vapor wires, was wondering if it was a resistance thing, but good to know you got it working this way. BTW i'm ready for my JD tuner and Vapor protective cover, was going to order but couldn't find the JD on your site???
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They are still right here and still on sale...

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-2011HS.htm

thanks
  13. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow Motosportz are on their game. That has to be the fastest shipping i have ever had! 2 days, amazing.
    thanks again!
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks man, we try.
  15. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thy JD tuner is the chicken fricken dinner brother! Rode it to work this morning and was easily pulling the front wheel in 3rd gear. Feels like the reckless driving ticket i always knew it would be... have to keep the adrenalin level low and save it for the weekends.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Ha ha ha, funny post. Glad you like it. Amazing difference huh?
  17. BignHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

it is amazing, these bikes are shipped starving for fuel. Looking at some aux cans now... acerbis number plate cans actually look pretty good mounted like side cases. Wonder how tough it would be to tap those right into one of the fuel hoses? going to look into it.