1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc My new to me. 01 Cr 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mach1337, Oct 17, 2011.

1. mach1337 Husqvarna

Hi guys. New guy here. I just picked up my first (kinda long story ill get to that in a min) bike. Let me know what you guys think. 01 CR125 original plastics decals and topend. Pro Circuit header and exhaust (race pipe and spark arrester included), Excel rims, Renthal chain and Renthal handle bars. MotoGP 50 tooth sprocket.

So far its great compression tested out to 155 psi. starts 1st for 2nd kick. Just got it from a friend who picked it up last weekend for a buddy bike took it out and changed the tires, oil and air filter. Rejetted it and got it pretty close to dead on. Decided he would want to make it a MX bike if he kept it so he sold it to me.

Only problem that i have seen is the back rotor is slightly warped not bad tho less the 2-3 degrees from what i can see. And there is a slow(extremely slow) leak from the peatcock. Pretty sure its just the o ring.

I already found a OEM rotor on Ebay but not super enthused about getting used rotor from ebay so looking for a new on and failing. I could use some help with finding parts and also which years and models are interchangeable.

I cant wait to get it out to the desert.Having said that I havent ridden since I was 13(12 years ago) and then my bike wasnt mine it was my cousins. I got a 1985 yz250 as part of a trade for my jeep. Took the cash and bought her. I decided it wasnt the best idea to just jump on a 250 when the last bike i rode was a CR85 12 years ago. So here I am 01 CR125 and ready to ride again. I have to relearn to ride and basic maintenance.All suggestions welcome.

Thanks guys
  2. mach1337 Husqvarna

3. johnnyq Husqvarna
    C Class

hey its cool to relearn.im doing it kinda.bought a sms630.really like the feel and maintenance of a dirt bike.i know its not a dirt bike.there is a guy on here jtemple that hooked me up.manual for bike came on usb and i couldnt open it.u need a manual dude..i used to do harescrambles and loved it.tore the s out of knee.it happens.ride hard learn quick and have fun
  4. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    you should be able to download a manual off the husky website.
    check year of rear rotor i think it changed to floating around 2004.
  5. mach1337 Husqvarna

Ok cool. I will check that out. Much appreciated. Anyone know a good site for accessoris. I have been looking at the sponsor sites but no one seems to carry stuff for the older cr's.
  6. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had an 02 and I replaced my stock rear rotor with a Braking Wave rotor. The rattle of the stock one annoyed me. They were about 100 bucks back then but you might be able to find a better deal now. My stock one was straight....but unfortunately I can't seem to find it or I'd hook you up!

Rotors are normally pretty easy to straighen out. Unless it's completely mangled you should be able to get it to work for you.

Funny I see your bike has the 01-07 RM front fender on it. I ran those back then too because I didn't like the Stock Husky front fender which was basically a really old school RM front fender. The yellow is a bit off from the Husky Yellow but they work!
    mach1337 likes this.
  7. mach1337 Husqvarna

Thanks CagivaWMX. I would have never know it was a RM125 fender on there. I know the sprocket on there also fits a RM125. Kinda makes me wonder what else is interchangable if anything.

And I thought that I might be able to straiten the rotor since it was such a slight bend. I guess it will have to wait untill I get back from this underway.
  8. dylandog Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    cr125 n 99 wr250
    great buy!ive got 04 cr125 and i love it,its my first bike in 20yrs and have found it perfect,it rides light can get up most hills and is happy to plod along as well as scream like mad!i use mine in enduro practise days in all sorts of terrains,good luck the only thing id recommend is get a power pipe,i noticed the difference straight away pulling 2nd n 3rd where was going in to first b4.