1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st My Rekluse install adventure!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Suamico SD, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    I picked up a used WR 250 this winter and I was determined to make it the woods bike I always wanted. I previously had a 150 and 200 neither with enough power to move my fat a** up steep hills without serious clutch work. I started with the usual personal things and protection with a few pieces of bling (7602 clutch cover with sight window, ARC levers) to make the bike look faster than i was/am. The one thing I wanted for my last bike a 2009 te310 was a rekluse clutch,which they never made :( . So when I found out not only did Rekulse make a clutch for me they also had it available in the exp model for only $379 I was all in. In fact i got 3 of them! (My WR 250, KTM 530 and my sons RMZ450). I installed the first one in my KTM 530 (hyd clutch) and it was in and done/adj in 15 min! It works great! Then I was ready to tackle the WR with a cable actuated clutch. I followed the directions to the letter and waited until the next moring to fire it up and try it out. I did the "free play gain" adj as stated in the directions and I was ready to ride. The only problem is it only worked like a regular clutch (stalling with clutch out and stopped). So I went back in and took it apart thinking I missed something, however it was all exactly by the book. Again I tried, same result. So it occured to me that I need to adj the rod and throw out bearing to get more throw, of course I had been drinking Budweisers by this point. This is not the right answer! it now would drive forward even with the clutch pulled all the way in (weird and Scary!) so I took it all apart again, set everything back to stock and tried again. Now I was back to the same as a regualr clutch complete with stalled engine. A call to Rekluse made all the difference! I talked to Joe in Customer service and he helped me troubleshoot it until we got it dialed in. THANK YOU JOE!

Alright so here is the set up secret,
    1) Install as the direction tell you completely.
    2) Use the inline cable adjuster (Not the barrel lever adj) to take all free play (plus some) out of the cable. Were talking alot of cable tension here!
    3) Start the bike and put it in gear, with your hand on the front brake release the clutch, if the motor starts dying add more tension to the cable.
    4) Once you can keep the bike idleing in place with the clutch out your ready to recheck your free play adj.
    5) Remember you need a bit of pressure on the lever to get the adj right. Also don't forget free play adj is done in Neutral everything else in gear.

It rides great and being able to focus on the obstacle or turn is awesome. It kind of reminds me of riding my trials bike where you never worry about stalling. Yet you can dial the power on or feather the clutch if you forget you don't need it. Lastly the clutch pull feels about the same maybe 10% harder than stock.

I hope this helps someone.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I may install one on my 08 CR soon to be 165 so it may help me; thanks. I had the Pro on my 07 Honda 450R and loved the thing.
  3. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    My Rekluse works great too but I have no clutch lever feel, the lever is very light feeling, like the cable is not hooked up but it does work. In gear you can pull the clutch lever in and rev up the engine then pop the clutch and wheelie away or just wheelie away with out touching the lever at all. Is this normal? 2010 WR300, Z-start pro. With that said I installed a Left Hand Rear Brake set up yesterday. Sooo coool. I still want to keep the clutch, going to install the 2 finger version that mounts on the lhrb master cylinder.
  4. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That doesnt sound right to me. But I have only worled with the EXP models.
  5. Darrendeep6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R 1200 GS
    Thanks for the info. I'll be installing my EXP on my 300 this spring. I can't wait.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Steve-oh it sounds right as far as it allows you to pull the clutch like normal, rev, and drop it to take off but the "feels like the cable isn't hooked" sounds a little off. I could feel it on my Honda but it was a little floppy/light feeling compaired to stock. I would call Rekluse when you are with the bike and let them talk you through checking it.
  7. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Sounds like a good idea john01, I'll call up Rekluse see what they think.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Normal feeling for the Z Start Pro. The OP has the EXP which works differently than yours and still has the normal clutch pull feeling.
  9. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Was that price shipped and where did u buy it from?
  10. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I actually paid less than that from my local moto dealer. $379 is the price I have seen it all over the web for. Whenever possible I try to give my loacl guy my $. I owned a retail store for a while and now work as a MFR rep in the bike and outdoor business, so I need all local guys to survive. Im not againest internet retailing, but beeing able to go back to talk to the mechanic about issues is a big value to me.
    454x likes this.
  11. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the tip, I also have a local guy maybe he'll hook me up too.
  12. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    The powersports industy is hurting for sure right now. With the economy and the lead law debacle Moto guys are scrambling to find new ways to attact and keep existing cutomers. I never push my dealer for a deal, but he knows all buyers have options.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Do they make the EXP for the 125's? I have the 08 CR.
  14. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    No idea, i would check online.