My son's first MC on his 5th Birthday!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by HuskyT, Apr 14, 2009.

1. HuskyT Moderator

This is sitting in the garage right now.... about 6.5 hours until he wakes up and his life changes forever......

Picked this up tonight after my little guy went to bed.

[IMG]

Five bills including two pairs of boots ( Thor and O'Neil) , two Shift riding pants that are way to big for him and an HJC Helmet with goggles. Chest protector will arrive in a few days...

T
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great deal! Let us know how your son takes to dirtbiking. My 7-year-old likes riding well enough, but I'm always surprised by how soon he's ready to stop.
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh, and didn't you hear? Kids' dirtbikes CONTAIN LEAD!!! Make sure he's well fed before putting him on the bike so, you know, he doesn't try to eat the battery or anything...
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

:lol: Good advice!

Wow...that is one lucky little fella...and you are one cool dad! I can't imagine how ecstatic I would have been to have gotten a dirtbike on my 5th birthday! Or any birthday, for that matter :p

Take photos of his face when he sees it and let us know how it goes:thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Happy Birthday to your son from all of us.

:cheers:
  7. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Very Very Cool.:thumbsup: I do not want to sound like some kind of authority on this so it is with a big smile that I give you some advise from my observation of a father to his kids and dirt biking.
    Do not push him/her into it. Let them do it on their terms. I am the happy father of 6 and 3 of them love to ride, (2 boys, 1 girl) the other girls didn’t find it as satisfying as the rest of us. I guess they took after mom as she does not ride either.
    So, with that, just let him ease into it. Don’t spend all day out riding, just flavor him the first day and then gradually make the days longer. Remember, a kid looses interest fast unless they are totally into it from the start and beg to go.
    The first day I took my kids out I rode the bike for very little if any and focused on their riding ability and technique. They called me "captain of the training circle". Bring cones and set them up as a course and let him weave in and out, start and stop etc. Just remember, if you push him you may loose him.
    Again, Very cool and I hope he loves it, there is nothing more satisfying than bonding with your kids in the dirt. :D
    BTW. We have all been riding together for about 5 years now. Ages are 21 girl, 16 boy, and 13 boy.
    Gary
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome :notworthy:

- how did it go? He out doing circles in the driveway yet?
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Awesome! Make sure to document it because moments like this only happen once. I hope he takes to it as much as you have.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What a cool dad..........Are you interested in adopting a 44 year old? The 09 TE510 he wants will be lots more than 5 bills! He knows better than to eat the lead stuff too.........and is potty trained.

Joe
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    :lol::lol:

Way to go Tim...looks like you found a good set up......motorcycles provide kids with many responsibilities....maintenance...riding...financial understanding...learning safety....etc too many too list

Most important it keeps them busy and out of trouble.... not enough parents understand this ......

The only drawback......is eventually they get faster than Dad....:cheers:

Good stuff :thumbsup:
  12. HuskyT Moderator

Just got home from a whole day at Legoland followed by a Birthday Dinner of his choice... McDonalds Chicken Nuggets....Here ya go...these are from this morning.....

Telling him something is in the garage!!!

[IMG]

Wow ... did you really get me a motorcycle... like he thought it was for someone else...

[IMG]

Realization that is his!!!

[IMG]

Ready for a race.....!

[IMG]

What a great day!

T
  13. Very-verrry special ... brings back fond memories of a PW50 waiting in the garage for our 5 year old.
    Time flies, he's taking flight lessons and heading off to college this fall.

Savor the moment ...
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Too cool. :thumbsup:

- love that last pic.
  15. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

too cool

Mine just got his second, a TTR-90 for his 8th B-day... gave it to him early (his party isn't until the 26th) I swear I was more excited than him :thumbsup:
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    The Cafe Husky crew rocks!!! Party like rock stars, ride our arses off,,,,,,,but never forget the little ones My in work list, not in a special order, #1 94KX125 basket case for crew member (restaurant owner,get it), #2 TTR125 tuning for daughters (its dialed in nicely with some trick stuff), #3 XR100R Honda basket case going together for daughters as well, #4 dialing in and maintaining RM125 for son, keeping the wheels on my TXC,,,,,,,,,,and keeping the wife happy while doing all this plus a real job (Aircraft) and a side biz (BRUX).............you guys keep me motivated!!! Thanks!! Glad to see others working for the kids!!! Great job all,,, great job Tim cya soon!

Just for the (very)old school guys I am going to claim the XR100 Honda has a real Rob North frame,,,,,(he is welding up the cracked brackets and engine mount tabs for it) I don't know if I can call it a Honda featherbed though.
  17. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    You rule!
    I vividly remember dad bringing home my first bike. A 1980 YZ80, but I was closer to 12 or so. You just made a great memory for the little man :thumbsup:

Can't wait til my little guy is old enough.
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Awesome pictures! What a cool little guy with a cool Dad!
  19. rajobigguy Administrator

Tim:
    Thats' great, you have to get some video posted of the little ones first day out on the new machine.:thumbsup: