1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Namura Top End?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jay800rev, Mar 15, 2016.

1. jay800rev Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR125
    Hello Everyone. I am about to do a top end rebuild on my 09 wr125. I purchased the bike last year and this is my first Husky and first rebuild on it. I've come across the brand Namura. I have not heard off them. Their specs sound good and price seems reasonable but I was wondering who out there has used these piston kits and how they performed.
    Thanks.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used some in a kawasaki and they worked fine.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Yes I know of them and no I've never used them and yes they are top tier product supplier, I would not think twice about their quality.
    http://www.namura.com/index.html
  4. jay800rev Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR125
    Thanks guys. I'm placing my order today.
  5. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    I'm curious about how this goes. I'm looking at using a Namura top end kit for my 2002 CR125.
  6. jay800rev Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR125
    I will keep you updated.
  7. jay800rev Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR125
    So I received my Namura top end rebuild kit. Looks like quality stuff. However, I have two holes stacked up and down on the exhaust side of piston skirt on my stock piston and no holes on the skirt of Namura piston. Should I be concerned?
  8. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    I've read of this difference. I'm hoping someone can chime in... also me personally, I wouldnt be beyond putting the holes in myself depending on if that is all they are is holes and inside area of the piston is basically same as OE. Any good machine shop could do this or if you have an adequate drill press and some patience.
  9. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    I've heard of seizures from pistons missing those lubrication points. I wouldn't want to take the gamble, personally I would drill the namura the same as the stocker.
    Durangedgoat likes this.
  10. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    Yes- drill these holes into your piston- otherwhise the piston will seize within minutes.
  11. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    I'm thinking the seizure is what actually happened with my bike and the previous owner. I have no piston to reference as my bike didn't come with one.
  12. jay800rev Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR125
    Although there are no holes in the skirt, there are two holes underneath the wrist pin on each side on the bottom. I will say this about the kit. Everything looks high quality like I said before. Even comes with multiple base gaskets to adjust squish.

Here is where I went wrong. I didn't measure before I purchased. Tore it down. Looked pretty good. Seen the "A" on top so figured it just hadn't been used much so ordered standard 54mm bore without measuring. However, when I got to the point of putting new piston in cylinder I realized piston doesn't come close to touching the walls. Measure bore and its 58mm! Apparently its a 144! Feeling both embarrassed and excited. I planned on upgrading in two years anyways. Unsure who did it or if it was an OEM kit I contacted Eric Gorr of Forward Motion to evaluate cylinder and hook me up with top end kit I need and possibly port it for me.

So I can't give a full review of the Namura kit. But pretty excited about the 144. I hope Eric can get a little more out of it with porting so there's no mistaking its a 144.
    Durangedgoat, marcmo0 and johnnyboy like this.
  13. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Let us know how you make out with that. Had contacted him previously, but wasn't thrilled with the response I got.
    PowerKord likes this.
  14. Durangedgoat Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 CR125
    Still interested to hear results. Namura is top notch. They are hypereutectic piston versus traditional cast or forged.
  15. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    i heard some rumors eric gorr and forward motion are not working together anymore...
  16. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250

Score!!:cheers:
    jay800rev likes this.
  17. jay800rev Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR125
    That could be. I assumed he was still there. I sent it there because they are only a few hours away from me. For the most part I only hear good things about them. Figured while they looked it over I would have it ported for low to mid power band.