1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc NDK plug question - WR250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

My plug started acting up today so I pulled a new NGK out of the tool box and found this delema. The plug that I had in the bike was a B8EV and I replaced it with a BR8EG. I had written 'Husky' on the box as I also have had a few KTM200's. Can anyone confirm that these are the same plug or the same heat range? For what it's worth, the Rocky Mtn site shows the BR8EG as correct.

Next question, Whats the difference between a BR8ES and the BR8EG?
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The "S", "G" and "V" describe the type of electrode, but the "BR8E" tells you they are interchangeable. It's a "R" resistor plug in an "8" heat range with a "E" 3/4" reach. If it says BR8E on it you can use it.
    jmetteer likes this.
  3. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Br8es is a regular electrode, eg is the fine wire. I never had any luck with the es, the eg makes the bike easier to start for me.
  4. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Guys. Sounds like the EG plug is correct.
  5. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    I had excellent results running the BPR8ES. The P is projected nose. The electrode is projected and sits a bit further down into the combustion area making the plug runs cleaner. I could get a season out of a regular ES type plug. There is usually lots of room in the combustion area to handle the slight extra length of the plug. Cam.