NE corner of Wa state

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by firecrotch, May 4, 2015.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    My mom has a house in Ne Washington. Across the street is literally hundreds and hundreds of miles of mainly jeep trails so it's not overly challenging but the scenery is to dies for and it could take years to explore it all. Put in 75 mile solo days. Just a couple Picts

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    jmetteer, Colo moto, Johnrg and 2 others like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks super fun. You need to make friends with a local rider there. What happened tot he red white and blue graphics?
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Those graphics got mangled when crammed in with three other bikes on a tiny trailer- lol
    Motosportz likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You've got that GPS device, you might just ride the place and record the less-travel, gnarlier roads for riding later ... The issue I see there (as with here where I'm at), is that road looks only ~1 vehicle wide and IF you do meet a jeep\4wheeled device, there is not gonna be alot of room to move outta the way on those blind corners ... Plus a jeep guy might be carrying speed, unlike here. So be careful but ride it out ..
  5. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Your right there are alot of nerve wracking blind corners. The one good thing is this riding area borders an indian rez and encompasses basically 2 mountain ranges. So i only ran into two groups of people twice in ten years of riding out there. If singletrack where allowed out here it would be a mecca for riding. Picts dont do it justice how beautiful it is out there. The few people i have taken out there say it reminds them of a national park
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I'd bet if you made friends with local riders there is single track out there. I find it everywhere.
  7. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    My brother lived out there and knew all the cool stuff. There is actually is singletrack but i cant remember exactly where. Its just so massive out there. Its got that sparse pine tree type area (like bend)so you can go just about anywhere but you gotto know exactly where to go and have a good bearing. He even showed me this cool lake with an empty beach and rock cliffs on another side. I still havent been able to find it. Unfortunately he suddenly got brain cancer out of nowhere 2 years ago and passed away. I also rode with a preacher that was an animal but he moved recently too. So yeah I currently dont have a ride partener when going out there. :-/
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    First, too bad on your brother ... But in life, there is death .... Nothing trivial there and myself, I have a hard time with all that. I say plenty of times to get out and enjoy your life and do what you want ~24\7 ... The guys in the 60s would say, 'Tune in and drop out' ... It might be a little extreme so taper it please .... It's very hard to understand and about impossible for most of us to accomplish, at least it was for me until the 2008 collapse of the states ... My father had dementia about that time and lifes' meanings and outcomes really weighted heavy on me.

Back to the riding :) ... It sounds pretty isolated out there so you best be careful alone out there ... Even a break down could have bad results for you out there... Around here, even the most remote places on this island, there are always people around to help or just find me if something happens...

I like that point-and-shoot method when riding around blind corners ... You can come in a little hot, but brake, then look around the corner before you feed the clutch and throttle back to the engine... A little slower maybe but much safer than carrying raw speed ...You'll feel like a PRO when you feed the clutch back to the 300 2t Husky ...

What I did here was break out google earth and lay the GPS trails I made on it, then you can see exactly where you are on the map ... Then just look at the terrain features or trails or whatever shows up on the map and ride it out on the next ride...You can draw out roads to ride and put them on the GPS ... You mentioned a lake is out there, it should be on the map and then somehow find an entry point, load it on your GPS and ride to it ...

I lived in the PNW about a decade so I know what you mean on the beauty out there ... Just imagine when Lewis&Clark came across there on day 1 ....