1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Need help with Wr 250 oil leak

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyBgood, Dec 3, 2010.

1. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I have a 09 wr250 , it has a oil leak on the front of the cylinder where the front power valve cover and the right side power valve door meet ( front cover is the part where the pipe incerts , cover plate ) I want to know if I can remove this front cover with out taking the cylinder off , will it clear the frame . I have the o-rings and gaskits to make the repairs just never had a husky apart:excuseme: . Has anyone had this problem before ? The bike has leak in that location sents it was new :doh: , just cant stand oil leaks . Thanks for any info .
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It is a spooge issue. There is no where for the spooge to go and once the PV chambers are full enough they will build some pressure and push the spooge out. The spooge is also expected to lubricate the workings of the power valve mechanicals. I don't know that you can completely eliminate the leaking. Mine always had a very small amount of oozing from this area. I didn't try to fix it just kept it cleaned up. I worked on mine with the engine out simply because it is easier so I don't know if you can do it in frame. I would expect so by just removing all the motor mount bolts except for the swing arm and rotating the engine up enough to gain access. Good luck.
  3. flatlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 Wr250
    Yes you can remove the cover plate without removing the engine, it's kind of tight but can be done. Mine was leaking in the same spot, i took it off cleaned it, replaced it, and it has not leaked again.
  4. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the response .
  5. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Some of them, don't use a gasket because of the tight machined surfaces. It has to be sealed with a product like Gaskecinch or Edelbrock, etc...... Kind of a tack gasket sealer. My 08 250 used it.

Thanx!
  6. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Fix,ed the leak ! and yes you can remove the front power valve cover with motor in frame , but you do have to remove the plumbing ( water piping ) the just lift it strait up and remove also remove power valve and clean it while covers off bike , then add thin thin coat of red RTV to cover plate and reinstall easy job try it and stop the common husky oil leak :applause: