1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Need some advice on a 1986 Wr 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by schoust, Oct 27, 2011.

1. schoust Husqvarna

Hey Guy's new to the Husky but have ridden Jap Dirt machines all my life. My son came home the other day with what he thought would be a nice little beater for me to ride with the boy's?? They have been bugging me to get back into it for some time but the cash has kept me away. Well this bike seems as though it has not had a whole lot of time in the wood's so I thought I would ask someone who might know. The seller Say's it can use a set of ring's? To me this means a top half. Also it has no spark. I am a mechanic so with the proper manual I can fix it. What don't want to get into is spending big bucks on the part's. If I have to do that I will buy something new..
    Thanks
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Good that you're a mechanic... agree about knowing what you've got before spending any $$$.

First, compression test it like you would any other motor. In the motorcycle world that means put a gauge in the plug hole and kick until you have chest pain. It'll take several kicks to max out the gauge. That is a good start for knowing how the top end (rings) are. If that's OK then we can help you through the no spark thing. You could be looking at simple fixes or $$$$$.