1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Needles evaluated again!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, May 9, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Today i´ve been evaluating different needles again. I have the PWK 38 on my WR 300 2010. I bought it from Kelly with the JD jettingkit in it. We have about 50F here in Sweden now and i have a 40 pilot and the airscrew 11/2 turns out and a 175 mainjet. I started to evaluate the red and blue needle and i liked the red one best. Leaner off idle and richer on top. Less bludder at light throttleopenings. I have use it 3rd clip for maximum power on the iceracing days and in 1st clip on the road as it gave best off idle character. This Friday i got the CEL needle and two more from HRC 630 here at the forum:thumbsup:. I have evaluated the CEL compared to the red JD needle today. I started with the CEL needle in second clip from top. It started fine and gave a very smooth idle and was slightly leaner in second clip then my red JD needle in 1st clip. It was very smooth at very light throttle. I noticed a slight powerloss from the bottom compared to the JD needle, but it was a more linear powercurve. Easy to control, but slightly less powerful. I raised the clip to 4th to test and it was a little better from the bottom, but bluddered a little more. Just for my own curiousity (wrong spelling?) i measured the needles. I put the needles next to eachother and let the needles drop down as i increased the gap on my measuring tool and measured every 5mm and compared the difference in clippositions.

JD Red needle from bottom tip compared to CEL and up:

5mm: 3,5 clip richer than CEL (Thinner tip)

10mm: 5 clip richer

15mm6 clip richer

20mm4,5 clip richer

25mm3,5 clip richer

30mm2,5 clip richer

35mm 2,5 clip richer

The needles were very close to eachother in base diameter. I guess the JD would be a "K".

JD Blue needle from bottom tipCompared to CEL:

5mm: 0,5 clip leaner

10mm:1 clip richer

15mm: 4 clip richer

20mm:4 clip richer

25mm: 3 clip richer

30mm: 2 clip richer

35mm:3,5 clip richer

40mm:4 clip richer

I also got a EEG needle and i will try that one too. I guess i will get a little more bludder at throttleopening, but it will be intresting to see how it behaves as it has more taper (2 degrees compared to 1,34 on the CEL)

Johnny:sweden:
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So the red JD needle is still your favorite?

K
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, powerwise. Very good power in 3rd clip, but bludders more, so i use it on the street in 1st clip. For streetriding on light throttle the CEL worked best. I also tried the EEG needle today. It was very rich on idle and light throttle as expected, but gave good power as soon as it cleared up. My conclusion of this is that a needle with the same base diameter as the CEL and a taper as the EEG would be good. That needle is EEL. This will soon be evaluated!

Johnny
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    JohnnyNeedleMan
  5. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

:D

I have ordered some EEL needle to try. (my freind dont have it in stock but i will have them this week !)
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

:thumbsup:!
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds great! Soon it´s "mappingtime" for the Husky then!
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Try the DDK....you won't regret it.........4th clip from top

worked well with 48 to 50 pilot, #7 slide and 178-180 main combo....AS 1 3/4 out

Joe
  9. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok. That´s a rich jetting compared to mine! What temps do you have? Elevation? Otherwise that needle is quite close to EEL. (Slightly leaner taper but richer base diameter). I guess that needle is working fine too!

Johnny