1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc needles & slides

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Dec 27, 2013.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    doesn't look like the jetting thread gets too much traffic so just posting here. till I can afford a lectron for the 300 im persisting with the mikuni. took it apart had gay needle middle clip, 440 main, 45 pilot & #4 slide. plug filthy black & oily so running very rich. feels doughy/boggy compared to the 125 with lectron(really showed up the 300s poor running & economy!). dropped a 40 pilot & 420 main in there & am going to try the 6dey5-74(I think) needle in middle clip from out of the 125 mikuni as the gay needle doesn't seem to popular? im told putting the #5 slide in there will lean it out down low? id rather stay slightly rich than lean as a precaution so will probably leave this pilot/main(leanest I have anyway) in & try adjust clip height & slide #. 0-1000m asl, 32'C, mid-high humidity, tight ST & WFO riding, 32:1, PC plat 2 & 304. will plug chop tomorrow but do these jets sound 'safe'? jetting sux, need lectron soon!
  2. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR250 (Sold), 14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM 50sx (daughters), 14 RMZ450
    Get the JD jet kit. Best money i've spent on my bike.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hey johnny105 don't wanna spend any money on the mikuni as ill get a lectron asap. just wanna get the mikuni running a bit better if possible with stock jets/needles/slides etc.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I agree with Johnny105. You can't get it to run better with the stock needle jet, no matter what jets and needles you try. The JD kit has the richer needle jet that is needed, and two needles (a standard elevation one and a high elevation one). You will be able to run a smaller pilot jet with the kit installed also. I'm not even sure that your year model needs the needle jet, so it would be less expensive.
  5. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    had a huge issue with my tm38 i dropped from 430 main to 370 still rich ontop,
    pilot was 40 i dropped to 25 close but still way rich
    slide #4 needle stock on 1st clip down. the thing ran but would fowl a plug every 5-8 hours
    dropped the dosh on lectron leaned it out a 1/4 turn adjusted float to not spew on my foot, wow the bike rips
    mikuni = inefficient to tune think the whole carb was shot
    lectron = expencive but is the solution

am not selling this bike an you will have to pry my fingers from it if your trying to blag a ride. ohh and mid 40 mpg cannot believe it :o
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    whoa 370 & still to rich, that's lean as I would have thought. I have a 380 but not game to put it in as do a bit of WFO & don't wanna seize her! what did ya plug look like with the 370 out of curiosity? also have a 17.5 pilot but don't think im game to run that either. im gonna try the 6dey15-74 needle in few different clip posies(middle-top) then the #5 slide if nothing comes of that. will plug chop tomorrow. yep lectron fuel economy unreal!
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    the plug was oily and dark brown, no where near the stock lectron. nice light brown now not fowled a plug yet.

if you put 380 in and do a plug chop you only need to be wfo for a few seconds you aint going to sieze it if your only up there for a second or so to check plug.
    yeh i went to 370 in single incriments as i was cutious about seizing her too. mistake at £5 a jet, 6 jets later and 4 pilots and a 12 quid needle i just calld it a day contacted kelly n bought lectron.
  8. GhostRider32 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 KX250
    The jd jetting kit was the best money I've spent on my bike. I've never been good at jetting so getting a kit that was tested and a known good kit, was worth it. My 14 wr300 runs awesome on the mukini with jd's kit. Sure, I got 3 mains that I didn't need but to be able to jet it correctly the first time was worth it. I had thought about a Lectron but I can't imagine that it could run much better, maybe it would but I don't know how.....
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    i was doubtful about the differance but i now know that i have never ridden a correctly jetted bike!
    sounds strange but all the bulshiness that occasionally hunts around 3rd gear change has gone and the peeekyness of 5th has just been blown away slip into sixth an i have gotta hang on it just revvs an revvs much like my 250 but with more grunt everywhere!

ive also gained around 10=12mpg wich sounds mad but is true. so at that rate i only have to use 300 odd tanks of fuel and the lectrons paid for itself:thumbsup: