1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New 125 guards

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by NWRider, Apr 15, 2009.

1. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I bought the skidplate for 60 bucks, I haven't fitted it yet, but just lining it up it looks great, the welds are pretty crappy though. I'll post a few pics when I get it on.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    dirtriderwjc2000 here posted about those. He has them and posted pix...

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2278&highlight=Israel

Two observations from a fabricators point of view...

- The braces are greatly compromised by the stamped out name down the side. This will make them much weaker to side impacts which is a majority of rad issues. Very thin and none structural (not formed or mad into an angle) rear supports. Wonder it you can still get the louvers on?

- the welds do not look good as noted.

BTW, that price seems to be for three items which is not bad.
  4. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was wondering how good they look up close. It's nice to see more options anyway.

Last I looked the only skid plate that worked without modifications was the CRD and I could not find one anywhere in the states. I had to go with a FBF glide plate. Surfer, let us know if this one bolts right up.

If I get rad guards I will go with OFG if I want full air flow or Motorsports if I want full coverage. They both look like great quality products. I go down less then once a year on average though so I have been doing without so far.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't recall our skid plate needing any modification to fit up?
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure that was an option last I looked, as in about 2 years ago when I bought my bike. Maybe it was but I started a thread on TT and was told the CRD worked but eveyone else was modifying other plates.

I'm glad there is now a high quality and local alternative. Now if only my wife would get reemployed I could get a 09 and order a bunch of cool stuff for it.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No plate for that one yet :D
  8. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The plate bolts right up, not without a little frustration though. The weak link is the pipe mount(not weak as in structurally) the vibration mounts don't fit to well leaving the pipe side of the mount with not much to hold to. I plan on making a fitment to secure the pipe better.
    Overall for the price I paid I'm pleased...it looks good on the bike and offers more protection than the FBF glide plate I was running.
    A few pics....
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. lwilli32 Husqvarna
    B Class

did you get the rad guard as well? I was thinking of getting this for my 08 cr125... will it fit?
  10. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No I didnt, I already have the motosportz ones so there was no need. It appears that they fit well according to the other thread.