1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New 125 on order few questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by bdl507, Feb 4, 2013.

1. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    I have a 2013 wr125 coming this week and I have a few questions I plan on installing the 144 topend before riding it so hopping to hear from people that have ridden the 144

• what is available for aftermarket pistons don't see any online?

• how is the stock skid plate should I plan on replacing it before it smashes off?

• how do the fmf and pc pipe work on the 144?

• not trying to start carb debate but very torn on 36 pwk or 36 lectron I've been a bike mechanic for 12+ yrs just stuck on the idea of having jets I think making me lean toward what is normal for me

• I have a scotts damper but would have to buy mount kit is it really needed on this bike?

Thanks in advance for any replies
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Congrats. The FMF Fatty works very good with the 125 and 144 had it on mine and was very happy. Picked up the power across the board and made the bike pull through the rpm's a little quicker. On the carb IMHO it's a no brainer; Lectron. Jetting the small bike is never finished unless you do a metrering carb IMHO. I can jet and re-jet too but I'd rather ride :D. I have never felt the need for a damper on the 125/144/165 Huskys are extreamly stable bikes and I've had mine to the throttle stop in six gear reaching for seventh :lol:. Motosportz can help you with your carb (either), skid plate, and pistons too I think. Enjoy :cheers:.
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Go with the lectron, I was constantly re-jetting with the stock mikuni on my wr150. With the lectron all you do once it's set-up(very easy!) is enjoy the ride!:cheers:
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If you decide to go with the carb, I will make you a helluva steal of a deal on a $1000 worth of jets. I will even throw in the carb of your choice if you pay retail for all the jets and needles. Don't even think about it, get the Lectron. I put a dampner on my 09 and that is where it will stay....not needed except in extreme situations like endless trees 24" apart.
  5. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Good to hear you are getting the 144 kit. I didnt know if they were all gone.
    Were you able to order the lights, kick stand, and skid plate fron the dealer?
    I too would go with the lectron or smart carb.
  6. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    Go with the Lectron and get a Scalvini pipe! The power increase from mid to top is amazing! :eek:
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    The FMF pipe worked well on my CR 150. Lot's more bottom end power (what it needed), with an increase everywhere.
  8. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    If you want a PWK, I'll sell you mine for a good deal (like walt would), and I'll put the money towards the lectron...
  9. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hey NH guy,I live in Mass .and I think I met the guys with the new Husky shop in NH at the NETRA banquet,they told me they had a couple 125,s coming in and I asume thats what your,e buying?I have a 09WR 125 with the WB165 kit and I am about to order the Electron Carb aswell,I have the stock carb withall the mods,RB devider plate and all the other jet up grades and still the bike never ran to what it was capeable of.Youy will love the bike I,m sure.
    Dave
  10. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    You are right dave one of the 125s has my name on it they tried to get me to go to the NETRA show with them but I was busy I did just order the lectron a few min ago can wait to get the bike
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is a quick thought to remember a Husky 125/144/165 is flat bullit prof period.

I have more miles then most on mine and have done just about every type of racing out there on one
    It will do any thing and go any where you can put the front wheel I quest my final proff of this is
    I just entered and Finished King of the Moto on a Stock 2008 CR 165.the bike is fine after the race and I will enter it at a National Hare and hound this weeken after just a basic clean up and tire change.My Husky was the smallest bike entered and made every hill
  12. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    The fun factor is beyond what I ever dreamed about when I bought my new bike last June.... As the others have said the bike is solid.... I have a steering damper on my KTM, but I never put one on my Husky and I really don't feel like putting one on any time soon...Damper are great for a lot things like trees Etc... The bike handles like a dam dream and will go anywhere I want it to go..... I really hope you enjoy your new bike...
  13. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Awesome bikes. Mine is a 12 CR144. I ride mostly MX A class so take my opinion with a grain of salt....my front end was pretty busy first ride, some headshake and inaccuracy on fast MX tracks. After pulling the headset apart, adding gobs of belray waterproof grease, and re-assembling with quite a bit more preload on the bearings, I'm stoked with the accuracy of the front end.... no headshake, hardly nervous, pinpoint accuracy. Stock 144 piston is very high quality. Stock skidplate is a bonus very tough, slides better than metal over obstacles, doesn't dent/deform. I'm running the stock pipe but will get a scalvini when the time (money) comes. Quite frankly I have no problems with the stock TMXx but My riding is mainly off-throttle then 3/4 to wide open, off, repeat. I think the metering-rod carbs are delivering accuracy and gains across the lower throttle-opening ranges and are a blessing in offroad/trailriding/enduro situations.

These bikes are the most underrated bikes out there, I don't care if I'm the lone cowboy around here, it means I'm the only one with SILVER BULLETS!!! LOL my icerace partner finally has me trained "stop blabbing about how awesome it is or we'll be lining up against 7 of them!!" How do you like it? " It's OK......." <turn away to hide smirk>
  14. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bike showed up at dealer today got to take our of box and put together and sit on it can't wait to get it home tomorrow
  15. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    And let the fun begin..... You will love this bike....
  16. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Still waiting for my obama bucks,this is killing me. Looks like we will do the same mods. So as a gentelman i will let you go first :)
  17. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    That work for me lol I have been waiting on my lectron and I am ordering a pipe tomorrow and will be making it a 144 this weekend I will let you know how it works
  18. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    you have 14 days LOL !
  19. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    20130222_163652.jpg

I have had it a week and haven't ridden it yet its first race is on sunday and I have to jet stock carb for 144 kit now since mail isnt delivered on huskys with lectrons on them lol and it has abot 750 screws in the tires I can't wait for sunday
  20. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    sabortooth likes this.