new 2 stroke leak...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    I would love if they made a modern CR250.
  3. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    "maligned 449 is forgotten"???????????
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I guess we will see the new bigger bore 2T's this WEC season as prototypes. It would be great to see them produced for 2012 but just seeing them and knowing they are going to be more than just another massaging of the old WR's would be great.
  5. topari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Add a proper electric start system and watch the sales go through the roof. In Australia there is a big demand for two strokes which suit the weekend trail bike rider.
    Even better add some form of oil injection.
  6. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    And they dont need to re invent the wheel with the 250 project....just a bit more compact...add a 6 sp

move the counter shaft output to the left side to take advantage of the rest of the current frames in the husky inventory I think would be a major priority
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    A new 2T would be really cool and great for the company ... I'd take anything from 02 to current date ..
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Eventually one of the 2T producing companies is going to actually release a DI 2t and bury everyone else. I hope it is Husky but I am not holding my breath for that. The re-make of the 250/340? will be exciting none the less.
  10. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    i guess no one read the article
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    read it, had no idea what to make of that. The early adopter (real customers) seem to LOVE the bike. :excuseme:
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It may be the difference between what a PRO rider wants for his weapon and what a rider like the rest of us can and will ride everyday \ weekly ... sort of like the linkage vs. non-linkage rigs ... I'd like no linkage for the purpose of less maintenance but the PROs have another take on it ...

Not sure how these guys would pic 340\350 CCs for new 2T .. The 360 has the history and proven track record for big bore 2Ts.... This is what Mikkola rode to a 500CC world champion ... Maybe they just wanna take the ~edge off the beast?
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 92 - 2002 husky 360 is actually 349 cc.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Sorry to drag this back up with no info. I was replying to another thread and this thread was linked and ended up replying here instead. :banghead:
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So a 350 2T will be 340 CCs ... lol
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The salesmen must look at this number as a sales thing where us riders see it as a engine size ...
  17. Iva Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY'11 TE310
    Mmm, might hold off for 12 months on the purchase of a new WR300 based on this info..., any updates over the current models bringing them closer to the current technology level would be welcome. Decent Frame, loss of a few kilos, DI :applause:the saliva is flowin' ...
    :D
  18. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Why wait first year anything is suspect
  19. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    I wonder why no one seems to discuss the possibility of going to a case reed instead of the intake going to the cylinder. I got a 250 I guess it is six years ago by now and thought the cylinder design allowed longer piston skirt. Since then I have figured out that the case reed design has less hole, void, or port area in the cylinder and think I like that now.

Fran
  20. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    this is stretching my memory a bit, so don't quote me on this but I think Honda went with a case reed design on the CR250 around 2001 or so. From what I remember almost everyone hated it compared to earlier engines. No low end power if I remember correctly.