1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New 2008 Husky CR125 owner!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Dec 20, 2009.

1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Well, I just brought home a new 2008 Husky CR125. Technically, it is used with about 5 minutes on it. The previous owner bought it for his 13 year old son, but it was too big and powerful for him. He sold it to me for a veeerrry nice price.... I couldn't refuse. :cheers:

I have not been able to get it started yet. I need to go through it to understand what the current jetting is. I'm guessing stock as listed in the 2008 manual. The bike has been sitting with old gas (still break-in premix at 25:1... I believe). I plan to go through the carb this week and drain/fill the tank with fresh premix.

I would appreciate any recommendations for jetting at 30 degF (sea level). I have a bunch of jets and spare needles that came with the bike. I'm just trying to get a decent baseline to start from. Also, should I run the 25:1 "break-in" premix or 33:1 premix? 25:1 seems very lean to me like it would foul a plug.

Thanks! :cheers:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Route 2 vent lines up into the airbox:
    [IMG]

The Husky sits taller than my GasGas.
    [IMG]
  2. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Congrats Matt. :applause: I am sure that somebody who has the 08 CR can help you with jetting.

Walt
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Funner than a barrel of Monkeys. :D

Dump the gas, clean the carb, new plug :thumbsup: these are super EZ starting bikes.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well congrats! I have an 08 CR 125 and love it. My current carb setting are 35 pilot jet, 410 main, and 4 clip from the top. Now I am running a FMF Fatty with stock silencer. As far as break in oil I did run about two gallons at 24:1. Now I run 40:1 Amsoil Dominator. As far as starting mine starts real easy if it's cold pull choke starts on 2-3 kick. After that 1 kick or a little roll with about 1/4 throttle and she fires right up; never had any starting issues with my 125. Clean your carb and change the plug and you will be fine. These bikes are a blast. Enjoy.
  5. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Very Sweet Bike! Was that the one that was on Ebay last week? If so, that was a sweet deal. Enjoy the new ride.
    Oh and don't forget to check the air filter too!
  6. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Yeah, it was listed on Ebay. The seller was only 1.5 hours north of me. I just couldn't pass up the deal. The bike is literally in showroom condition.

Thanks guys of your feedback! I will start to go through the bike this week. I forgot to ask... are you running the NGK BR9EG spark plug or something different?
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Congrats on the new Husky, Matt! :applause:

I'm jealous.

WoodsChick
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes I am. I have ran an Autolite with the same results. I'll get the number for you.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Gongrats on the new bike. I'm glad you didn't go Blue!:cheers:
  10. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice choice,as I love my '08 cr125...when I get out to the garage I can forward along my settings as well.WE are fairly close to one another as I'm on the Windsor/Detroit border,gotta love the Evart trail in clare county,already looking forward to spring to test the 144kit and efm mod I'm doing over the winter.We should hook up for a ride there in the new year!
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a 2008 and a 2006 CR 125 Both bikes have won National # 1 plates in 2 different Classes .Over 50 a and regular 125 A .for the AMA NAtional Hare and Hound races.
    We race from below sea level by the Mexican Border to up around 6 thousand feet in trees of Utha .I Have never felt the need to change the jets from the stock settings
    but mostof the time it is above 30degrees and sometimes as hot as over 100.
    Try it stock first i do run race gas at 32 to 1 with motorex but 40 to 1 is also ok
    Gearbox oil i run 4 stroke 15 50 motor oil works great but wil want to start in netural until warmed up .FMF makes a great pipe the fatty and a turbin core spark arrestor
    Ride it like you stole it and have fun Quick note i change the piston about every 1000
    miles ,gear box oil every 200 aircleaner ever ride Clutch about every 2 years and the lower end bearings we just changed after 4 years .My 2006 bike is about to start it 5th year of National Expert class racing on the same stock bore
  12. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

Amazing little Husky!
  13. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Is the stock Husky pipe made by FMF? If so, what is it comparable with?
  14. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

did you get the owners manual with the bike?? there is a jetting temp chart in there ... good as place as any to start with ....
  15. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Skid,
    Yes, I have the owner's manual. I just wasn't sure how lean the standard jetting is from Husky. It sounds like others are not too far from standard. So that's good to hear.

Another question...
    The needle jet (spray nozzle) that is installed is #633 R-5. My bike came with an extra one #633 R-8. Which one is considered standard? The manual does not discuss the needle jet.
  16. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Also, what should the float height be from the bowl mounting surface to top peak (^) of the float? Mine measured about 16mm.
  17. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Congrats on the new bike!

If you like Evart, you'd like the Luzerne cycle trail.
  18. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Houston... we have lift off! :thumbsup:

With fresh premix, fully cleaned carb, and rejetted for colder weather, my bike started up in a couple kicks. What a wonderful sound from the little tiddler!

For future reference, I found out from Jeff Kaylor at Hall's that the standard needle jet is R-5. The R-8 is included with the kit. I'm running the R-5 right now. I suspect most of you are too.

Anyone know the answer to this question:
    What should the float height be from the bowl mounting surface to top peak (^) of the float? Mine measured about 16mm.
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Glad to hear you got it started. My book doesn't cover the needle jet or the float height. My book does say it has a 6DJ8-60 jet needle. Where is the "needle jet" located or is it called something else? Like "main nozzle" as the book shows on page 28 under heading CARBURETOR; Main Nozzle....R5? If so I am running sthe stock one.
  20. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

I have always just adjusted my floats so that the seam line on the float,...(or whatever horizontal line I could find) was parallel to, and square with the bowl mating surface. That's old school but it's always worked fine for me.