New 2010 TE250 owner in need of help

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Freaky, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Hi all, purchased a 2010 TE250 recently and did my 1st enduro on it last weekend. The bike handles a dream but not impressed with the performance at all, no quicker than my 2003 WR250F.
    The power up kit is installed and the baffle (spark arrestor) is still in. The bike seems to bog and hestitate on low down power, even coming out of flat berms I was having to clutch it in 2nd to get to the power and even then the high rev power doesn't seem impressive.
    I have read posts about getting the ECU flashed with an updated map so contacted 3 local 'ish' UK midlands dealers (SS racing, Dual sport and Speedaway) one said they don't have the software another said buy a new ECU and leo vince exhaust and the last has the software but has never used it and knows nothing about it.
    Not sure what to do as in its current form the bike just isn't competitive at all.

Thanks Trevor.
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Only early model vins were effected on the older map on the ECU. Search on here to find out what number vin as your bike may already have the updated ECU. My bike was effected and it only had a small hesitation down in the on/off part of the throttle. It was rideable but made you keep your fingers on the clutch in technical situations. What I am getting at, even with the older ECU it still made decent power with the 50 tooth rear sprocket.

You may want to make sure you have all of the power up done with. Make sure you have the honeycomb insert that sits in the front of your silencer, you need to take the silencer off and it sits in there. Also I assume you have the large breathable air filter cage in it.

Lastly make sure the TPS is read and set while engine is warm. If that does not solve your problems then I would start playing with CO settings to see if it improves. You will have to take it to a good dealer for that unless you have ibeat.

I have the Leo silencer/ECU and while it does help, I think the best trick was a 12 tooth front sprocket and the stock 50 for waking it up some. It should have more power than the '03 WR 250 though!
  3. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I have checked the vin number against an earlier post on here and it confirms mine is affected so will need to find a willing dealer to perform the update. 12t front sprocket sounds a good idea, it is a bit high geared.
    Thanks for your input.