New Australian Husqvarna Importer/Distributor

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by nev.., Nov 17, 2013.

1. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Press release from Automotive Holdings Group last Friday

http://www.ahgir.com.au/download/ahg-expands-motorcycle-operations.pdf

Paul Feeney Group is no longer the Australian Importer / Distributor and the wording of the new dealer network is ambiguous, "HQVA will distribute Husqvarna Motorcycles in Australia through an existing network of established dealerships." The parent company of HQVA, AHG, is the Australian KTM importer. Speculation on ADVrider is that this means KTM dealers will now become Husqvarna dealers. What this means for existing Husqvarna dealers is not clear.

The warranty on my Husky states "factory backed" so I presume this means it will be unaffected by the change in distribution, even though the warranty is issued by PFG.
    duggoey likes this.
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Interesting thought Nev. I must say PFG were difficult with warranty matters at the best of times. That is why I do not like them,
  3. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    I heard that it,s business as usual for the dealers,just a change of supplier,ktm dealers wont be selling husky & vice versa.This is all hear say & speculation
  4. ntbhusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Based on New Zealands' experience, very few, if any, of the existing dealers will remain, the new dealers are likely to be existing KTM dealers with the ability to provide another postal address.
  5. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    From what i understand my local dealer (EDIT existing husky dealer) (unnamed) will be selling blue and yellow huskies/husabergs. And not to hurt anyone's feelings but good riddance to PFG.
  6. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Exact same problem here ghte.. Even when I tried dealing directly it was to no avail. I hope KTM is better, but I hope their in store customer service isn't anything to go by.
  7. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I got recall/warranty work done last week which was initiated by PFG. They called me and arranged it with my closest dealer.
    There are a few negative stories on that aussie website about them, but they don't reflect my personal experience.
    I hope PFG pick up another decent brand simply to give us another option on the table here in OZ.
    ____

I'd say the existing Husaberg dealers are in with a good chance to stay on as Husky...
  8. silverpilen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450, 2005 TC450, 2013 TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Navigator 1000

Agreed 100%, you always hear about the negative dealings with PFG, but very rarely do you hear about the positives. My experience has been positive.

FYI - AHG (Automotive Holdings Group) are a HUGE concern on the west coast. They handle the importation logistics and distribution for KTM which are a small part of their overall business. The way I understand it is that KTM Australia and ultimately the factory in Austria (who foot the bill) are the ones that do the paperwork and decide on whether your warranty claims are successful (or not). In that respect, they will be no different to anybody else.

http://www.ahg.com.au/wa/dealerships/about-ahg
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I hope R&D Husky stay in business. Hans Applegren and his son were the original Husky importers into Aussie. They are top blokes and I have had the pleasure of riding with Hans on a few occasions (lets say following him-he was a several time Aussie international ISDE rider). For that matter Trooper Lu's is also a good dealer and good for the brand.
    Terra Tom and Motosportz like this.
  10. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    PFG and Bills MC sorted my seized fuel pump without a quibble and could have ignored me given I imported the bike to NZ. The NZ Husky importer / agent didn't even stock the part. My gratitude to Bills MC and PFG - all the best
  11. djc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    f800gs ktm200 r1200gsa
    apparently today,there is a meeting for existing dealers & ahg to find out who stays & who go?
  12. Steve Hards Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

That's a first...I have imported many new(ish) bikes into NZ and found out that the so-called "International Warranty" is just a big joke. Even though I bought my TR650 here in Tauranga, I don't expect much in the way of warranty help but I was happy to take a chance seeing as I liked the concept of the bike so much (and the Husky community seem like a really genuine, helpful group of people)
  13. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    Steve
    I did ask Spectrum and Triumph (the importer) to get me one but they couldn't due to the KTM take over which made me realise that
    1. The prices for new Husky's will increase massively as KTM bikes are overpriced bang for buck imo
    2. Street legal MX based Motards are becoming non existent except TM

Anyway Triumph NZ accept no warranty responsibility - fair enough and I didn't expect any support anyway

Good luck with any warranty matter given the current situation

Any news on the Oz Husky agency situation ?
  14. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    I was at the Dealership I bought my SMR from and he has confirmed that he will be getting the new KTM based Huskies.
    I'm happy to see the small Dealership was looked after.
    Chuffa likes this.
  15. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    cheers 88 - It makes sense that KTM retain the dealer network that are viable/profitable and ditch the bad ones
  16. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    The news I have heard is that PFG will continue to supply parts and warranty on Italian built Husqvarna motorcycles, and HQVA will supply parts and warranty on 2014 onward Austrian built Huskies.
    PaulC likes this.
  17. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    sounds like a raw deal for PFG

Austrian built Husqvarna's will end up being rebadged KTM's and the death of further innovation to the brand
  18. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    The news for existing Husky dealers is, that there will not be an immediate transfer of the Husqvarna brand into KTM dealerships and away from existing Husqvarna dealers. The existing dealers will retain their dealerships based on past performance, that is, dealers which carry a minimum stock level and sell a minimum volume will not change. Country dealerships will have lower floor stock and sales requirements than larger city dealers.
  19. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    There wasn't any Husky stand at the recent Sydney bike show, my thoughts were PFG didn't want to drop any coin on a stand if Husky was being shifted to KTM AU, looks like I was right. Hopefully the good long standing Husky dealers are kept, although when there's a few Husky and KTM dealers within 5min drive of each other one has to give.
  20. Steve Hards Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

You're spot on. The Terra/Strada models were almost perfect for the "average" dual-sport guy, a fact borne out by all the road-test reports that I have collected. I like singles ( I have owned 2 x KLR650, 2 x XT660, 2 x F650GS, 1 x DR650 and 1 x KTM690 ) and the TR650 is BY FAR the best of them all. I am almost inclined to buy another and put a dust sheet over it !