1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New bike time!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Aug 3, 2013.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    pickin up the brand new 13 wr125 hopefully Monday time permitting. anything I should know about it before I ride it as in things to check aside from usual grease & Loctite caper? also what are the stock spring rates & jetting specs on these bikes? do the sachs shock on these suffer the same issue as the 250/300s?(pogo stickin!). opinions on 'safe'(not jetted to within an inch of its life!)jetting would be appreciated also(500-1000m asl, 25-35'C temp range, high humidity-tropics, 32:1 full syn oil, 98 octane, WOT & tight single type riding). & yes before anyone asks a lectron & 165 kit will be coming as soon as I can wear out the 125 slug! :) cheers
    Motosportz, ray_ray and Blair7 like this.
  2. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Congrats on your new bike

You can put the lectron also on a 125 :p

Robert-Jan
    454x likes this.
  3. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    If you weight more 80kg the standard springs will be a bit on the light side. I'm 105 and stiffer springs made a world of difference but I still need to get the valving done. I have no real gripes with the rear shock.

Jetting I'm running the stock Mikuni with standard main and pilot fitted with Suzi needle and no.4 slide. It runs a bit rich just off the bottom, but will be trying the no.5 slide to see if it cleans it up. The Suzi needle stopped the surging I was getting with the factory needle. Running Maxima Formula K 2strk oil at 40:1 running 95-98 premium.

Running the bike anyway from sea level to about 1000m and temps. Using the bike anyway from MX to trail riding

I hope to be testing an unrestricted ADR expansion chamber tomorrow to see how it runs.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeah im in your weight range at around 98-100kg racerx so am thinking 5.8kg rear & 0.48kg fork. has the stock pipe got some sort of restrictor in it? what was the standard jetting specs mate for pilot, needle & main? do they come with the no.5 slide in the spares kit? any other spares as I haven't asked my dealer yet?
  5. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi guys
    The pilot jet is generally really rich, like around 5 or 6 sizes too large, mine was a 45 now a 32.5 but one guy has a 25. Altitude up to 1000m.

XC Downunder
  6. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    I'm running 5.6kg rear and 0.46kg front in mine. I was going to go the same rates but was advised to run the current spring rates I'm now using by Shock Treatment in NSW.

The bike comes with from factory an ADR restricted expansion chamber, it has 2 cats in the header and the inlet diameter is a bit smaller. It also has a fresh air valve connected to the ADR chamber. The dealer would have changed the chamber with the comp version that comes in the crate.

The no.5 slide is fitted as standard out of the crate. The no.4 slide comes as part of the de restriction kit along with some other jets. I think I'm running the 460 main and 40 or 45 pilot along with the Suzi needle in the middle clip position.

You should have given the ADR expansion chamber along with the the restricted air filter cage and other parts removed from the carb when it was de restricted. And any other parts removed like the tail extender.
  7. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Walts' power valve springs.
    flyingbob likes this.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    congrats on the bike shawbagga - I t may take a while to adjust to it .

It will also take a while to wear out the 125 slug
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    ill do me best to wear it out asap so can 165 her before the aussie dollar drops too much further! was thinkin 50 hours would be par for the course with a 125? then again with working away & only ridin once a fortnight you may be right. yeah I know it aint gonna be no 300 lugger/firetrail dragster & I aint gonna try climb any silly hills like I would with the 3 hungey but im all about having fun not goin fast. man I reckon I could lift it onto me ute without a ramp its that light! bunny hops galore!:p
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    same deal as when I got me 300 re the shitty ADR pipe(recycle bin!) & jetting/slides. yep proper pipe is on there, will check about slides & jetting when I pick it up(damn work getting in the way again). air filter cage? like a mesh one? the thing would have all the power of a peewee 50 at quarter throttle with all that crap in there, be downright dangerous to ride!
  11. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    No the cage is more like a plate with a small air way moulded in so it can't breath very well and keep the induction noise down.
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    If you get the 125 running well and with the 52 rear sprocket it will pull you up hills pretty well
    Just have to have more momentum
  13. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    and the technique to keep that momentum (165 will require a bit less technique ;))
  14. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi Shawbagga,

I also have my sons XC 150 2010 and we had the forks resealed and revalved by Kroozetune here in melb, the zokes do leak and the standard seals on 2010 model were pretty crap, the only ones worth installing are the SKF. The fronts had 0.44kg/mm springs as opposed to the 125 WR and XC that have 0.42kg/mm springs, as standard. I am 100 - 105kg, (a bit out of shape currently) and the revalved 150 front with 0.44kg/mm are fine for the work we do, however if you are doing motocross or a lot of really fast choppy work then maybe heavier but i would of thought the 0.48kg/mm were too hard (IMHO). I went for 0.46kg/mm in my old KTM 250EXC and reckon that was a bit too hard for the fine compliance to get a great feel thru the front end for my weight and work that we do. The 125 / 150 has a really great front end and feedback is unbelievable in terrain we ride so be careful not to destroy the feedback, turn in with hard front springs.

The pilot jet change to a 30 or 35 will clean up the bottom end.

Make sure you ask for all the mikuni spares that came with the bike as well, spare slide and jets.

XC Downunder:cheers:
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    picked her up today, sitting all nice & pretty next to the busted ass(but still goin hard!) wr300. would post a photo if I could but cant, yall know what a bog stock wr125 looks like. hopefully break her in on the weekend. had no ramp to load it up at the bike shop so just lifted it onto the ute-haha so light!!! looks like theres a thermostat in there under the tank, can I buy older hoses to do away with it, no need for one where I live? 25:1 for the first tank then 32:1?(haven't picked up manual yet)
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    why cant you post a pic? You just click on the upload a file button on the right .
    Speak to your mate Damo about the hoses I think he was doing that .
    I run mine at around 35 to one . I think 32 to 1 would be fine for run in . Ride report soon please.
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    cos im crap with cameras & phones man! will give damo a buzz & see what hes done & how his is goin. might do CREB track sunday so will report when I get home. the 125s seem a fair bit more advanced/updated than the 250/300s. things like a decent stand(that ill still rip off!), nylon chain guide, case saver, better rads, sight glass on the clutch cover, frame guards, plastic bashy, bigger rear disc that doesn't rattle & polished hubs are all big winners in my book. saves on aftermarket. axle pullers would be nice though. linkage seems nice & ez to grease as opposed to the 300(& you can get to the rebound clicker!) but im not so sure on how far down it hangs, looks prone to damage but guess well see. grouse how much gear is interchangeable between the 2 models. & damn how light is the clutch pull?! was thinkin about goin hydro again jus for feel but not so sure now. cable still feels a little notchy opposed to hydro but so so light! me likey so far
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Get a sd card reader that slots into your USB slot. Ez.
    I don't like the new tanks as much though
    Harder to remove , not much room to remove spark plug and don't like the round turning tap . Also the need to add an extra one to get all fuel out
  19. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    yeah the clutch is a one finger affair
    no need for a auto one or a hydro one on these bikes

Robert-Jan
  20. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Well Done Shawbagga..
    I love swappin me mates 125 for my 3hunge every now & then.. Bloddy good fun Ringing ringen its zitts off.
    Yeah more Technology needs to be put into 2five 0's and the 3hung, Mate just been delivered a '14 300 six days and faaarr Out it does look pretty fuggin sexy (For a ktm).
    Have a blast on da new italian filly :applause: