New cans & stumble - how to tune....?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by mnnthbx, Nov 6, 2010.

1. mnnthbx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thriumph Thruxton, Honda Ruckus
    After a four month wait, my hard parts cans & ECU came in. They bolted up nice, are light, and look good. It's too rainy outside to actually test ride it, but I notice I get a good stumble when I rapidly crack the throttle from idle.

Now my stockers did the exact same thing, and were tuned via I-Beat from the dealer. I was hoping the new ECU that came w/ these cans would cure all that....

Should I get back to my dealer (4 hours away) to try iBeat one the new ECU?

While I'm not crazy about dropping another $500 on the PC5 & AutoTune, I will if it's worth it. I'm a very good mechanic, and a good jetter, but have zero experience with EFI.

*Does the AutoTune bung arrive the correct size for the threads on the OEM midpipe or does it require modification?

*Once the AutoTune gets a map built that pleases me, can I accept it and be done, or is it something that always requires tinkering?

*Once I have a map I like, can I save it to the PC5, pull the AutoTune and sell it?

*In general, do you feel the AutoTune accurately gets all the performance out of a given set-up?

*Have you found any major drawbacks to the unit in general?

*Being familiar with neither, I picture there being far more potential w/ the PC5 & AutoTune vs. iBeat. Is that at all correct?

[IMG]
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I'd test it with load before making changes- BUT you need to have the TPS set if it has not been set with this ECU installed. So don't be too surprised or disappointed its not perfect right off the bat. And for the PCV questions- although I don't have one- your assumptions sound correct on all counts.
    also: those are some nice cans you have- just gorgeous!!!:cheers:
  3. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Could you list what bike you're talking about in a signature or something? I can see it's an SMR###. Looks like a nice scoot!