1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New Euro Version 2010 Wr300 ........wont Idle

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by HUNTERHENDERSON, Aug 18, 2011.

1. HUNTERHENDERSON Husqvarna

Just bought a new euro version with all the street goodies and Im living at 3000 foot elevation, runs pretty good, might need some jetting but it wont stay on idle at all, dies and wont even idle for a minute when u come to a stop unless u keep the revs up on the throttle or it stalls, seems to run fine other than that

Any ideas

Bruce
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Turn the idle up.
  3. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Probably needs jetting as most incuding my 2010 wr300 were far too rich, then adjust idle screw accordingly.
  4. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Doe's it stall in gear, if so you have clutch drag. Adjust the clutch and you may solve the problem. I had this issue
  5. HUNTERHENDERSON Husqvarna

tried that idle screw doesnt respond.......probably needs a new pilot jet eh?
  6. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

If it's only tickover and the idle screw isn't making any difference more likely your airscrew needs adjustment, usually around 1.5 - 2.5 turns out. Make certain that the idle screw is turned in far enough to be in contact with the slide and is infact raising it. Look in "jetting chat' this will tell you pecisely how to jet and adjust your carb.
  7. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The idle screw on those carbs almost needs to be turned all the way in to get any difference in idle.
  8. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Agreed. I have mine about a quarter of the way inside the jamb nut.
  9. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Throw the mikuni in the trash and order a PWK. I could never get mine to idle