new fuel pump, filter, coolant sensor but still hesitates. '09 450

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Jake1z, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Like every one else I'm having a hesitation at mid to full throttle in my 09 te 450... I checked the injector and it was clean.. replaced the fuel filler with the small metal autozone one, brand new fuel pump, New filler neck gasket, fresh 92 octane gas, and new coolant temp sensor... bike runs a little berry in the fact it doesn't back fire any more, but I had it on the high way and it would hesitate/bog when getting in it. Also checked the valves and they are all in spec... what should I do next?
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Check your intake manifold boot, the one attached to the head, make sure its tight, use a pry bar and try to move the throttle body backwards and look at the boot, make sure there are no hidden cracks especially down at the bottom bolt. Make sure the intake manifold vacuum hose outlet is covered. Intake leaks can come and go with heat and vibration and cause many different symptoms.
  3. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    I do have a random vacuum hose hanging.. I'll have to go and check it where it leads to
  4. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Well more bad news.. took the bike out today in the woods and it ran great for about two hours. First the display and all the other electronic stuff stopped working... the bike still ran great and the electric start still worked.. then out of no where the bike died on me. Would not restart... we found the blown dc fuse and used a jumper wire, which fixed the dash and electronic issues... still wouldn't start... had to get towed back to my truck... fuel pump primes, and theres spark at the wire that goes into the spark plug boot..
  5. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    mate sounds like a crazy wiring problem check the ECU wiring into the plug

It can rub on the intake. I found this on mine and fixed the broken wires. i all have added extra wiring protection with spiral wrap around the loom like on the fuel line to the tank.
  6. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Did you check the other fuses?

On your first post- have you have it on ibeat to check for correct TPS adjustmentand CO values? Did you check your fuel injector by eye? That is not accurate. The fuel injector electronically opens and closes, a visual inspection really does not do a good job of determining if its good or not. I faught that one for awhile and a replacemnet of the injector and the bike never ran beter.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    So an injector cannot be troubleshooted? Its a throwaway? (I never read these efi posts ....But now, I to have an efi bike ... I guess my reading time here just escalated 10x) ...
  8. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Never had it hooked up to an I beat.. I had the tank off today and search around for any broken or damaged wires and couldn't find anything... I ordered the ngk race wire set and an iridium plug that was mentioned in one of the threads on here... Is the spark plug wire supposed to separate from the actual boot? When it's separated it looks like the metal inside is all twisted up... I'll check for more damaged wires tomorrow. As far as the fuel injector I only visually checked it while replacing the fuel pump and filter... I could take it out and bring it some where to be cleaned.
  9. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    The wire for the plug lead terminates with the insulation and current carrier wire level, inside the boot you should see that twisted spiral. To reassemble push the lead firmly onto the boot and roate it half a turn. I dont know if thats the official procedure but its worked for me.

Very generally, if you have spark at one rev range it will be the same at another, if spark was your problem it wouldnt start at all.
  10. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Well I messed around with it and the bike def has spark... My de-compression linkage wasn't tight after I checked the valves ... The spring had moved so the linkage was free to bounce around... I took it out and reset it so the spring makes the handle retract to its normal position if that makes any sense... I'm going to throw the tank back on tomorrow and see if that had anything to do with it... If it still doesn't start then Im Going to have to test the injector some how
  11. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Put the tank on but still won't start... stupid tank leaks every where once the fuel line is disconnected... the first time I had tank off the gas wouldnt leak this time I'm covered in it... Is there a way to test the fuel injector?
  12. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Figured it out. Fuel line came off fuel filter!
  13. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Been there, gotta use the best FI hose clamps you can get, and tighten them tight, gotta withstand 50psi.

Also, hoses can fail and you won't see the crack unless you shift the hose around, bending it different ways, or hook the system up to some pressure. This crack was right under the clamp at the filter.

[IMG]
  14. Jake1z Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 te 450
    Yup the crappy hose that came with my new fuel pump split under the house clamp and it popped off....