New GasGas U.S. Enduro Importer Press Release

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by oregon_rider, Aug 7, 2010.

1. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]

Above photo: Ted Stuckey, Clay Stuckey, GasGas General Director Ramon Puente and GasGas Sales Director Albert Cervera

From a press release issued by Gas Gas...

In a press release dated August 1st, 2010, GasGas Motos announced that GasGas Offroad US will be taking over GasGas enduro motorcycle importing and distributing for the United States.

The Peach Tree City, Georgia, based company, GasGas Offroad US, is a joint venture between brothers Clay Stuckey and Ted Stuckey. Clay has over 30 years experience in the US motorcycle industry where he has worked for Kawasaki, KTM and Husaberg. Ted, a retired Air Force / Air Force reserve pilot, owned four powersports dealerships in the Atlanta area from 1995–2005.

GasGas Offroad US will be taking over distributing the Spanish built GasGas enduro line in the US which was formerly distributed by the US GasGas trials motorcycle distributor, GasGas USA. GasGas USA will continue on as the US GasGas trials distributor.

According to Clay, GasGas Offroad US intends to focus their efforts on rebuilding the US GasGas enduro dealer network bringing proven off-road motorcycle distribution and marketing practices to the GasGas brand.

Clay said, “The off-road industry, and its dealers, have come to expect the proper tools and resources to do business and we intend on living up to and exceeding those expectations.”

“We probably don’t have an original idea in our heads.” Clay joked. “But we seriously have first hand experience with what works and what doesn’t work from both the distributors’ point of view and from the dealers. We plan on using the best of all of those ideas while we work with our existing and new GasGas dealers.”

Stuckey added, “I’ve been keeping an eye on the GasGas brand for years and have always respected their product line. We feel that in the US GasGas enduro motorcycles will eventually carve out a respectable market share and we intend on living up to that goal.”

After leaving Husaberg in late April Clay “re-connected” with some of the GasGas representatives he met during the Indianapolis Dealer News powersports show last February. Clay said, “By chance at the Indy show I happened to meet the then US GasGas enduro motorcycle importer, the parts importer and a GasGas factory representative.”

“At the time I didn’t think much of it, you meet lots of people and end up with lots of business cards. As it turned out (after leaving Husaberg in April) an opportunity came up to be the US GasGas enduro importer and my brother and I jumped at it.”

According to Clay the US GasGas enduro parts distribution will continue with GoFasters, a Minnesota based company, whom have distributed GasGas enduro parts since 2007. Clay said, “Their knowledge of the GasGas enduro line is unbelievable where they’ve worked directly with the GasGas enduro brand for over 10 years. We feel fortunate that we have them to help back up motorcycle sales.”

According to Clay GasGas Offroad US expects their first containers of GasGas enduro motorcycles to be in the US around Labor Day. Clay said, “At the moment we have over 100 motorcycles enroute to the US with another 100 scheduled for delivery about a month later.”

For more information concerning GasGas enduro motorcycles or being a GasGas enduro motorcycle dealer they can be contacted by calling 404-223-4646 or through their website at GGOR.us. Their fax number is 404-223-4647.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think that is the sweetest looking bike ever made!
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks for the press release :)

This sounds vaguely familiar. Wasn't there talk of a company in the south east being the importer a few years ago?
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dixie Distributing did Gas Gas and Husaberg for one year back in '07. Then KTM US took back Husaberg and Gas Gas trials bike distributor took over enduro bikes.
  5. oregon_rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's the GasGas 300 Nambotin Replica - has a bunch of goodies on it including ohlins TTX rear shock and Ohlins TTX front fork cartridge....

[IMG]

jeff
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am going to get a new 2010 Ec300 next week but after seeing this I wonder if I should wait and get a 2011 edition of this. Do you or does anyone know if they will be bringing these back to the US and what the cost would be? Thanks for posting an even better pic of that beauty!
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That was it!

Ha! My memory is not completely gone (yet). :lol:
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Tasky in Everett, WA is taking pre-orders on GasGas machines starting now ... & also Beta

B.Y.O.B. (Build Your Own Beta)
    Beta offers a unique program called BYOB, you pick up your new Beta from Taskys with all of your accessories installed with no labor cost to you ready to ride! More details will be available soon on our website. We are now taking orders for 2011 Betas. RS models are 50 state DOT legal and RR models are ready to race! These are true Italian works of art.

Attached Files:

9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    There was a 2010 Nambotin Replica, too :)

Is it too late to get one of those?

WoodsChick
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

From what I read they all sold very quickly.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    According to gasgasrider.org forum, we won't see the '11 Nambotin Replica until Spring......

The 2011 model availability chart was released to dealers earlier this week, and it shows electric start versions of the 250 and 300 two-strokes, along with the familiar line-up of Six Days, Race, and Nambotin 300 bikes.

Standard XC models (no ECs, although I have kits to make an XC street-able) should arrive as early as September, followed by eStart and Six Days versions in October, Race a short while later, and Nambotins in the spring. [disclaimer - this schedule is subject to change based on the factory's build plan]
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I guess you've seen Ivan Cervantes will ride for Gas Gas the next 2 years.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Last year the Nambos were just over $10K in Canada.

I know the new importer has 2 2010 Nambos coming for himself to demo, but you never know, he may cut them loose if the money is right?
  14. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Biggs, are you following this?
  15. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wow!! That thing looks like a work of art!! I'm a die hard husky guy (I have had gassers to) and this weekend swwapped for a while and rode a 250 GAS GAS. Liked it. With Husky not putting a 250 or 300 engine in the new frame I qam not sure what I will ride next year. I do like the power of a 250! For now the 144 will do.
  16. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

it may be a better deal to buy a leftover and get the ttx suspension afterwards.
  17. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Gas Gas hasn't changed frames in years. The Husqvarna frame works. So why do you think you need a bike other than the Husqvarna ? Just wondering.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You sure they didn't change frames on the 2010 GG bikes? I don't need a bike other than the two Husky's I have I just want to try a GG because it's smaller, shorter, and from what I've read a great bike like the Husky just in a smaller package. I agree gestion01 I am getting a 2010 and if need be go with TTX or get Les to do his magic.
  19. twowheels Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    hoping for a WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 Beta 125RR; 16 TM 144/300
    This from the guy with "multible" bikes of varied heritage ... :doh:

If you were one of the lucky riders of a new GasGas you would know that they did in fact change the frame in 2010.
  20. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Still a sucky perimeter frame. Sorry I dislike perimeter frames. Too rigid and actually bruise me. Maybe it is my sit down riding style ? I rode a GG for about 3 months in 2002 and was ordered by a Doctor friend to get off it. Handled well and ran strong. Just the bruising issue in the crotch area. I also think frames like Husky and KTM are much easier to ride and work on.
    IMO,
    Dwight