New Generation TC250 Delayed

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Bobby, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    HSQ just committed to the fact that the highly anticipated new 2009 TC250 will be delayed and not offered until August of 2009 as a 2010 with the appropriate 2010 features and updates (suspension and such).

So start saving the pennies and go to plan B for 7-9 more months.
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...WOW! That is a very interesting development...hmmm. I guess they want to get it right and probably should have waited before getting everyone all hyped up.
  3. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh?... I thought the target date all along for the 2010 TC250 was end of summer 2009.

I never saw it posted or said it was suppose to arrive earlier.... did I miss something?

BlipBlip
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

2009 TC250s were supposed to be arriving at the end of Feb in very limited #'s. These bikes are not coming to NA at all. The 1st new gen TCs we will see will be in the fall of 09 as MY10s.
  5. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wonder if these economic times had anything to do with BMW/HSQ's decision.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think it has to do with the fact that they are getting the equivalent of $2K more selling them in other parts of the world.
  7. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

So does this mean there will be more than 1-2 bikes per dealer? Or will they still be limited quantities?
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think they are planning on homologating it for AMA pro racing, which means they must import 500 of them or use their 1 time limited production exemption.

I bet there are going to be LOTS of MY10 TC250s around in the fall.