1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New guy contemplating WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motorpsycho, Sep 20, 2013.

1. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Suzuki GT550
    First off, great forum!
    I'm looking into getting back to the woods after years at the motocross track and am looking to build the ultimate woods weapon. I've owned KDX's and KTM200's but looking for something with a different flavor.
    Love the look of the Husky's and they are priced well.
    My question is, is there and differences between the 2012 thru 2014 WR125?

Thanks in advance.
    PineapplePicker likes this.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Welcome to Cafe Husky. I have a 2012 CR125 converted to a CR165 kit sold by Wally bean here on Cafe Husky. It's light and makes plenty of power to haul my 230lb geared up arse around the woods. I don't think there were any changes from 12-to-14 my. Don't contemplate, just buy it and enjoy. There is plenty of info and great people to help you build your bike here.
  3. JRod4928 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165
    +1

I just came off of a 08 YZ 125, and I was looking for something that handled like a 125, but had a bigger hit of power. One of the reasons why I bought the Husky was because I loved the possibility of turning it into the 165 - a lot of people here LOVE it, and I'm sure I will too. Right now I have the 144 kit installed.

Handling wise - you'll love it. The durability is second to none. and if you like being the guy that has something 'different' you've come to the right place :thumbsup:
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

+2. Pull the trigger now before all the targets are gone :D. Awesome bikes.
    PineapplePicker likes this.
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    +37 Get it. I just bought a back up 13 to my 09. It's almost time to swap the 165 top end over to the new bike, and get her dirty...
  6. markBMW Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 BMW 1600 GTL, 09 Harley CVO 1800
    Buy and roost, don't look back
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don't get it dirty. Its so pretty with all the race stickers and stuff.
    Blakelpd5, sabortooth and Xcuvator like this.
  8. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have a 2008 cr125 and rode the shit out of it for 5 years best bike I have ever owned. Just repalced it with a 2013 wr125 which seems great so far. I also own a 2012 KTM 250sx and going to a mx race tommoro and thinking I might take the wr also and give it a try on track just to compare. I am guessing my lap time would be close because wr125 handles so good and I know track is going to get really nasty buy last race and wr would be a perfect sleeper bike to bad it not converted to 165 yet.
  9. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    As the others here have said these bikes is dynamite. I could go on forever about how much I like mine. Simply put these are the best bang for your buck and you won't be sorry for buying one.
  10. motorpsycho Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R, Suzuki GT550
    Sounds like an easy decision.....
    How easy/hard is it to put a headlight/taillight on it?
    It already has a lighting coil?
  11. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

The dealer I bought mine from here in New Jersey installed everything for me when I bought it. But the connections look pretty simple to me. I using a Polisport headlight and an Acerbis tail light. They work good and they do the trick. There are other choices as others here will tell you and I'm certain they are all good.