1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New guy with a couple of questions...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PowerKord, Oct 7, 2011.

1. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Hi everybody,

I just bought a 2008 WR250 which seems to have very little time on it. I'm planning to get it out on the trail Sunday.

Today I drained out the tranny and filled it with standard 10W-40 oil. I fired it up and found it to be creeping backwards in neutral! In gear it had a definite creep forward. The PO said he was using Amsoil 10W-40 in it. It didn't exhibit this problem when I checked it out. I'm going to try changing to a full synthetic tomorrow. What do you guys like for tranny fluid?

Also I was wondering about the top end in these bikes. Do these Huskies come with forged or cast piston? Are there any problems with the V-Force breaking on this model year?

Thanks!
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Update:
    I drained out the standard 10W-40 and refilled with Mobil 0W-40 as somebody on here had posted. Started the bike up and the clutch drag is gone in neutral and 1st gear. Glad it was that simple to fix.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I use 10w40. I just change it often and it works great. These bikes vibe a lot, so maybe that is what you are experiencing. I have started mine, gone to get a tool, come back, and its like 2 feet backward. Nothing to worry about. Just vibrating and the angle of the kickstand gently pushing back.
  4. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Stick with the amsoil high performance motorcycle 10w40, in both our wr's we change oil about every 10 rides which is like 10-20 hours, with the amsoil I have never had any clutch getting hot and slipping problems and we ride
    very tight Virginia and NC trails.
  5. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I noticed that the clutch cable is just touching the bottom of the intake at it passes under it. The actuator arm does not seem to be bent. Has anybody else had this happen on their bike?
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Yes, pretty common. Take a pair of pliers and bend the arm down a little towards engine case until it clears. If not it you loose a clutch cable more often.