New Hampshire Classic

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Aquavarna, May 24, 2010.

1. Aquavarna Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Anyone riding the NH classic 2 day charity ride for CF in JUNE ? THis will be my 20th year, first rode it when it was the Leon Dube & Malcom Smith rode it! MVTR is a great club and they raise a boatload of $$$ for CF while putting on the best 2 day dual sport in New England? If you have never been to this event it is a must ride with a good amount of decent "Hero" sections to keep you honest.
  2. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I will be there. I think i will head up there Friday afternoon.
  3. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll be there .. on my gasser ... I'm with mvtr so I may have to work one day. Saturday will have more enduro like hero sections and sunday is the easier flowy stuff with a few heros thrown in.

This year is the 30th annual. Lately they have been raising about $100,000 a year for CF Cystic Fibrosis. since they have teamed up with CF they have raised over 1.2 million dollars. CF has one of the highest ratios of fundraising money going directly to research. something like 90 to 95% of the money raise goes into research for a cure. One of the dirtbike mags did an article back in the early 90's about the top 10 rides in america .. the classic was one of them ... bet if they did that article again it still would be!! Actually one of the other rides in the top ten was the ammonusuc Fall ride .. one little state two of the best rides in the country .... both rides are still running almost 20 years later. Ride'em at least once if you can!!!
  4. Aquavarna Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    I agree Ammo Rocks! Thanks in advance for a great ride. I'll be with the Long Island Misfits - we usually end up with a campfire group of about 20 including the CATRA/NYSORVA contingent. Lots of fun and good people - it is the highlight of my riding year - year after year! I love the NH trails - technical but pleanty of Hammer sections.
  5. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

look into the camp fire thing ... I believe you can't have a fire on the ground but you can have one if you have some sort of fire pan .... and get rid of the ashes properly ... just something to look into. The ammo is going to be a two day ride this year ... might want to make plans for it this fall!!!
  6. Aquavarna Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    THanks for the tip - stop in and say hey if you are around.