New "HUSKY DEALS"?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by OM48, Sep 21, 2009.

1. OM48 Husqvarna
    B Class

I was out at my local dealer last week and was told the factory was offering good deals on the 09 leftovers and they lowered the qualifications tho get thier low interest loans, I guess you had to have a 700+ credit score, which can be used on the 09 models now or soon.I can't find anything in writing on the Husky site. Anybody know anything. Thanks
  2. jaro51 Husqvarna
    A Class

3. 7point62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Kawasaki TR250
  4. sidquick Husqvarna
    B Class

dnt no about over seas but down here in aus they had a price smash to clear all the 09 TE's TE250's use to be around 13000 AUD got mine for 9995 AUD
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I purchased my TE510 at Heinens and those are correct prices and they have super deals as you can see. Talk to Paul the owner. They ship anywhere in the USA also for reasonable rates.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Does Heinens also tune up the bikes with ibeat and do warranty work when the bike is far away from them?
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought any dealer has to do warranty work.
  8. huskynw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Crated bikes that have not been taken out of the crate and PDI'd by a husky dealer have NO warranty. Any warranty would be with Heinens only not Husqvarna NA. I got this info straight from Husqvarna NA.
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

So the bike has to essentially be put together by the dear before it is sent? Can this be done?

I'm curious, how do dealers (like Heinens, Taskys and Halls) that do a fair amount of sales by sending out crated bikes honor warranty issues?
  10. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

I spoke with Jeff at Hall's a few weeks ago about this and he said very emphatically that they would NOT ship a crated bike out unless they had uncrated it and set it up prior to shipment. I suspect that the warranty, comphrensive service and reputation are some of the reasons.
    Personally I have no problem with this and would rather my dealer catch an potential problem with the bike rather than end up with an expensive jigsaw puzzle in the garage.
  11. Wacked 1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Thats the problem with limited sales of new bikes, dealers are less than happy to work on a bike with warranty issues if you did not buy it there. Trust me I've been having that problem. I spoke with Heinnens they were even going to ship it for free because me and a friend were going to take 2 of them. But I came back with that great price to cross country bmw which is local and they matched it. So I say try to work with your local dealer and see they might match it....
  12. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

From my experience dealers like warranty work since they are paid directly from the manufacture and in todays ecomony service revenue is down.

I've had Heinens go beyond the norm for me to assist with any issues on my Husky and other products I've purchased from them.

Bars, blinkers, battery charge and few other quick checks are all that were required for set up from the crate. I watched as mine moved from crate to my truck.
    [IMG]
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine has run perfect since purchase and never needed the Ibeat tune.
    7800 miles and 285 hours now. Power up installed before first ride.

They will however do an Ibeat tune if I want it done.
  14. Wacked 1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Awesome man I think my next purchase might be through them. To be honest with you dealership that worked on my bike said they hate to do warranty work because it takes for ever to get paid and he would not touch my bike until a rep from bmw motoradd contacted him because I didn't buy bike there..... Wow 7800 miles did you have to rebuild it yet???
  15. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you saying that Hall's will, as Mike (huskynw) calls it, uncrate and PDI'd and then crate it again for the customer to uncrate when they receive it via shipment? Will other dealers honor warranties this way?

David

16. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I saw taskys crating up an already assembled bike to go out on thursday and asked what they were doing, yes they assemble it check it then recrate it so the customer gets a warranty.
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I believe PDI means Pre Delivery Inspection at least that is what it means with cars.
  18. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got it! So to keep the bike in warranty, the customer needs to have the sending dealer (Taskys, Halls, Heinens...) uncrate the bike to do a Pre Delivery Inspection and then recrate the bike before sending it out...makes sense.

19. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Was that registered on the road? Where did you buy that? Did you have to talk them down?

Good price :thumbsup:
  20. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No and I've never even had to adjust the valve lash. It has been in spec every check including the last check a few hundred miles ago.