1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st new husky owner!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 85 senior, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 85 senior Husqvarna
    C Class

hi all at cafe husky!!! i have been racing harescrambles since 2004 i did 2 in the early 90s i wouldnt consider my performance racing by any means but my buddies dragged me in to it;( any way,years later after getting married and kids i wanted to get back into dirtbike riding it kind of stuck with me so i got a 04 crf 250x it was nice being brand new and relearning and getting skills back but i could never feel really good with the 4 stroke.so i got a really good 03 yz 250 and got it really set up for harescrambles and raced it for about a year and got an 04 as a backup so i had two really good bikes and didnt have any issues.....except bordom....see i always followed harescrambles and enduros even though i didnt ride as a youngster and remember king richard(dick burlson) and jeff fredett(sp) and thought they were really tough guys and husqvarna was the bike to have eventhough jeff rode green.sooo now that i got 4th in senior A class last year overall i decided to get myself the bike of my dreams. i sold both yz's mind you there was nothing wrong with them at all and got a 2009 wr 250 i got it from a fast guy in the super senior class and it only had 6 races on it!!! he had end.eng.do the susp.on it and a i.m.s tank thats it. i have about an hour and a half of hard sprints on my personalized 15 acre woods course and let me tell you..if i would have known these bikes were this good huskys would have been in the stable all along i didnt change anything and i felt right at home on this bike other than it being jetted really- really -really rich this thing is a dream come true.i know im talking waaay too much but at 45years old i feel like i cant wait for the next race with this thing i am sooo siked!!! and reading what you guys and girls say about these bikes also had a really big impact on me getting it so thanks to all of you and this cafe husky site!! oh yeah raserx you know who i am,i live ten miles from you,i need your jetting expertise !! please call me john-703-898-3605---i rode your wr at the cow patty last year!!! thanks again to all!
  2. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

It is a good bike. I wish I had mine back the day I sold my '06. Now I am just waiting for an updated model.
    JS
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Your story sounds familiar. I had been riding a YZF426 and then a YZ250 for years and I tried my buddies 06' WR250. Big mistake!
    I just felt like home to me. The next day I bought a 09' wr300 and there's been no turning back.

I have a hard time riding Japanese bikes now. It's not that they're bad, but they feel so cramped and the steering feels too sharp. Even my middle-of-the-road- handling YZ feels super twitchy compared to my WR. And I MUCH prefer the WR motor in the woods vs. the YZ.

Its hard to have one do it all bike. Much to my wife's dismay!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome. Welcome aboard. Great bike that are near hammer reliable. I had a YZ250 not to long ago and let it go as it did not get ridden with the herd of huskys here. Enjoy.