1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New Husky Owner

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by drtrdr, Apr 21, 2011.

1. drtrdr Husqvarna
    C Class

Hello all. Been a lurker on this site for a while, and finally decided to make the plunge and pick up a new 2010 WR300. Excited to ride...but snow's gotta go!!

Unfortunately bike is going to need some setup. Any advice or guidance fellow WR owners can provide would be much appreciated. I am hoping the bike will be as great as expected, but the manuals/references are quite lacking, especially for a newbie:

1. Bike runs very rough, has a hard time idling and stalls. I think it's running very rich and going to need some jetting and set-up work, which is expected and which there is a lot of info on this site. I am hoping #2 below isn't contributing, and have temporarily "bandaid'd" with the idle and air screw, to get the run-in complete before I get to the jetting.
    2. Right hand cover on the cylinder head has a leak at the front end and is burbling oil at the front. I expect I'll need a new gasket, but would like to complete the run-in before I do. Does anyone have a complete reference to torq specs.
    3. Can anyone steer me to a reference on removing the throttle stop, and gas tank.

Thanks!
  2. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Drtrdr , your right hand cover is not leaking , you,ll find it is the front power valve cover is the problem , you can remove it with motor in bike its a pain but doable . I removed it cleaned it really good both face,s used thin coat of red RTV reinstalled it and problem resovled , trust me I replaced my right side gasket three times before I figured it out:banghead: . it leaks right where three mated parts come togather . Good luck let me know how it go,s or if you need any help .:thumbsup:
  3. drtrdr Husqvarna
    C Class

johnnyBgood,

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated. I will let you know how it go's. The only downside now, is my "break-in" ride tomorrow'll probably have to be replaced with sealing the power valve cover[IMG], but hey, that's all part of the fun!!