New Husqvarna Factory Building

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, May 9, 2009.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Photos of the new Husqvarna factory building in Cassinetta Di Biandronno. Although it still looks like a lot of work needs to be done the guys at the factory are confident they will be moving in soon. An expensive project for BMW (rumoured €30m!) the new building will house the R&D facility also which has temperature and humidity controlled testing cells as well as extensive office facilities.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And the original computer generated impression showing how the showroom will be visible from the street:

[IMG]

Dave
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow...very nice! What, no testing track outside? :excuseme::lol:
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am extremely impressed with the building and how fast things are progressing with it, that must have been a really aggressive schedule. I'm not quite they will be moving in this month though based on the pictures.

They are high tech! It looks like the test track is on the inside! :D

[IMG]
  4. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is the guy standing outside talking on a phone or having a smoke? If it is like most Europeans I have met it will be the latter....
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Very Nice...:D

Things can only get better from here on in.

Couple of years from now this will all be but a story...remember back in 2009 when they first opened the new factory and we couldn't even get parts.....

:cheers:
  6. Silly, that's a computer-generated model of Scot Harden taking a break from a meeting to call Coffee and tell him he's got everything under control and to tell the CafeHusky pessimists to put a compress on our bleeding hearts.
  7. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Good Answer. Good Answer.
  8. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks dave,

It looks like they made a lot of progress.

BlipBlip:thumbsup:
  9. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    That's a swweet looking computer image of the building:cheers: I wonder if they will be offering mini tours like they did in their other location? I hope so 'cause I need to get away badly!Also wonder if Ms. Federica is still with them? I hope so:thumbsup:
    :ride:Guscycle
  10. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Not sure about the tours, no info has been issued about that yet but I can confirm Fede is still there.

Dave
  11. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

And I can confirm it too! Hey guys, I know it's been quite A LONG time I haven't been here but things are kinda BUSY in Italy! Yep, I' m still alive and I'm still part of the Husky family (where else I could be!!)

I actually logged in today as I wanted to show you a bit of what's going on here with the new building, but I see my good friend Dave has arrived first! So here's our new home, which will probably be ready in summer and finally we will be all together under one roof!

Ofcourse if any of you will be in the Varese area in the future you are more than welcome to come and visit us, I'll be happy to guide you around @ our place ;)

you all take care!

Fede
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    she's back !!ciao Fede!! come va?
  13. HuskyFede Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm fine thanks Roberto, how about u! Are u planning to come over to EICMA again this year? I'll wait for you at our booth for some drinking and chatting! :cheers:
  14. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Fede,
    Welcome back to the forum!:applause: Try and keep us posted on the completion of the new building(if you have time,of course). Looking forward to my trip to Italy in the near future...putting it on hold to make sure Husky has everything finished and are able to "show the place off" without a crazy American getting in the way of work:lol:.Just kidding....
    Have a good day
    :ride: Guscycle
    the building is looking great!
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Picture sent to me... looking good! :thumbsup:

[IMG]

Attached Files:

16. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    So when can we go for a factory tour. :thumbsup:
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I believe at any time she is willing to give a tour.

The picture was from yesterday, I'm not sure what the exact status of the building is...
  18. johnnym Husqvarna
    B Class

The artist who did the computer drawing needs a talking to.
    I can understand the black bike (610 Motards) but where did he come up with the orange bikes in the Husky HQ?
    really now............LOL
  19. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cassinetta di Biandronno (VARESE) 21 September 2009 - was inaugurated the new headquarters of Husqvarna Motorcycles, promoted and implemented in less than fifteen months after neotitolare BMW. The ribbon cutting was done by the President of BMW Motorrad Hendrik von Kuenheim (pictured left), along with Reiner Thoma (right), president and CEO of Husqvarna. There have been too political representation and territorial among the guests arrived the chairman of the Budget Committee Giancarlo Giorgetti, president of the Province of Varese, Dario Galli, and the mayor of Biandronno Antonio Calabretta.

The building that houses the new headquarters is located in an area of 6,300 square meters. Has a plant of 2603 square meters area corresponding to that of the ground floor, where is the engine department, with the test benches. The first floor houses, however, the Centro Stile, situated on 753 square meters and Development Division, which has provided 816 square meters. To optimize business processes, the same floor also houses the Office of Market Research and the Office of Purchasing, so that those responsible for these two functions can work in coordination with designers and researchers, so they can make better products. The second floor of 592 sqm, is dedicated to the Administration and Management. Designers have also planned a showroom where they will be exposed on 325 sqm. In total, the new office has a total area of 42,320 square meters. The massing of the building is 25,156 cubic meters.

Reiner Thoma said: "The new headquarters and his organization have been designed to encourage development of products and to optimally incorporate all the units involved in the process of creating the entire range Husqvarna Motorcycles. The structure is designed so as to meet the expected growth in the medium term and to be integrated without problems in the long term. For example, the plant's capacity could, with further minor changes, the proportion of 40 thousand motorcycles a year. "

[IMG]

http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport...urata-la-nuova-sede-di-Husqvarna-Motorcycles-
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thank you very much for posting that. While I found some of the text confusing, it seems the plants total size is about 8 American football fields.