1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc new in crate

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sabortooth, Dec 5, 2012.

1. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Hi
    I'm new to this excellent forum and am saving for a Wr125. This will be my first New bike.
    My question is, What are the pros and cons of ordering a bike new in crate delivered?
    I live in a rather remote area where the closest dealer is 5+hrs away. I dont really need to see the bike in a showroom.
    I am no mechanic, but I can read and turn a wrench.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I have an 09 WR125 with under 20hrs on it that I am trading into Hall's in Springfield IL. It has carb mods and custom dynoport pipe. Also, has Rider's Edge valving in suspension. Make an excellent bike for someone, especially if you want to 144 or 165 it.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome to CH :cheers:. I don't see it as a problem myself it's not like you have to put a whole bike together. I picked up a 2010 GG 300 in a crate and just had to bolt on the front wheel, bars, and a couple of small things. I do always check all the bearings etc for grease anyway. Bill's (site sponsor) will send you a bike in the crate if you go that route. I drove 4.5 hrs. each way to pick up my 08 CR125 Husky and my 2010 TC250 Husky. Didn't really save any money that way but I like looking at new bikes :D!
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Thanks for the offer. This will likely be my last bike so I'm looking at NIB, with the extra top end.
  5. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Speaking of marine grease, are you meaning the green sticky stuff for outdrives, or something like Superlube.
  6. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Sta lube is what I was thinking about. Superlube would work in stem bearings.

How loud are these bikes?
    Do they sound like a chainsaw in the distance? Just wondering.
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    haha, I've had some buddies (that aren't in the know) flick me shit around the campfire while firing up thier chainsaws to cut wood. "Hey man, my chainsaw engine just siezed, can I borrow yours?"

But the sound doesn't carry like a 4st. It louder up close but again, from afar, you'll hear the 4st before you hear the 2st.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

See Classified section here for my 2011 WR167. Great condition.
  9. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I have bought two bikes that were in the crate and I only had to bolt the handle bars and front wheel back on.