1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New linkage - Too exposed?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by BillO, Nov 10, 2010.

1. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just asking those that have more experience with the '09/'10 WR125s whether or not they think the suspension linkage is too exposed and perhaps overly vulnerable.

The included image is of my son on his 2008 CR125 at a race in BC earlier this year. If this had been an '09 or '10 I am almost sure the linkage would have hit the concrete hi-way divider.

Has anyone had any problems? Does someone make protection for the linkage? Or am I too paranoid and it would easily survive a hit like this?

[IMG]

Edit: Figured it out....:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bill what the heck is Pat doing looking down there?:lol: Tell him to get his head up.
  3. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think he was just absorbing the impact of hitting that concrete barrier. Those suckers are nearly 4' tall! Honestly, that's the only picture in the sequence where he appears to be looking down. The others don't show the linkage-barrier relationship though.

Besides, Pat never listens to me :confused:
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thats quite an obstacle
    I think you are being paranoid though

Yeh - How do you post a pic without thumbnail ??
  5. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

So Tony, how did you do it?
  7. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

You explained it the Wong way!!!

Works for rme, thanks Tony!:notworthy:

Now, how about it, are these newer linkages at higher risk of damage during extreme events?
  9. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Did enduro engineering do his suspension work?
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Bill,

I hit mine a bit more than on the older style frames but the part that is really exposed is where the new frame swells out to pick up the pegs and on up to the swingarm attachment. We really need someone to produce a good alluminum skid plate for the 09 and newer 125's. When I serviced the swingarm and linkage the linkage is taking some shots but really seems to be solid enough to handle it. I am no lightweight :lol: and have really slammed some rocks/boulders.
  11. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, they did. Rob out at Ross Rocher sales. I will probably have them do my '09 and '10 suspension for next season as well.
  12. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Wally, that helps.
  13. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You need to lay off the HO HO's....:lol:
  14. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bill-

The linkage is a bit exposed, but doesn't seem to get snagged too often, although when it does it can be a bit annoying.
    So far, I haven't damaged mine on my TXC, even though it's been dragged across a few obstacles...., the linkage will take some abuse. Granted, I haven't been splash climbing over too many concrete hwy barriers this season.....

I guess there's 2 ways to look at it; Try to protect the linkage, or clear obstacles like the pros such that it's not an issue. For me, I'll go with option 1 :D
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    2010 TXC250 and 09 WR124/144 beat them to hell, no issues.
  16. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    No more exposed than the front pipe area, eh! Both these areas have been commented on and both have received hits, drag-athons, pinches and twists and are still strong as ever!

P.S. If there is such a thing as slide gaurds etc. for these, let us know.:cripple:
  17. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Tommy,

Did you come out the the WEC race in Penticton (Apex mtn.)? Or/and Cloeman AB?

If not, you should look it up for next year. All new venues I hear. Come out and have blast!

That goes for all you guy's in the PNW too. Come up and get some trophy's.
  18. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Negative Bill. I have just underwent total left knee replacement and hopefully all heels well in 3 mos. Then its to the right hip replacement. Osteoarthritis is a suprise bee-acth! I am expecting to be back on the steed by late july mid Aug. If the dates are in the late part of the season it would be an awesome trip and event I'm sure:thumbsup:
  19. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was and obstacle in an 'extreme' test in a EWC (Enduro World Championship) format race. They are supposed to be extreme and tough. World Enduro Canada holds an 8 round national series (the Canadian Enduro Championship) of these types of races. The extreme test is one of 3 special tests in a loop of about 40 - 50 miles or so. The Pro and Expert classes would normally run the loop 4 times in an event (about 150 - 200 miles) and complete 12 special tests. The rider is timed to the 1/100th of second in each of the tests. The rider with the lowest score at the end of the day wins.

The 3 special tests are:

MX test – usually an outdoor natural terrain MX track with some grass track added. Usually about 3 to 5 minutes in length.

Enduro test – a 6-8 mile section of traditional, tough single track. Usually 12 to 15 minutes in length.

Extreme test – an enduro-cross type section with logs (this test in BC had used more than 100 logs in various configurations!), tire pits, mud holes, rock gardens, culvert pipes, rock faces, and pretty well anything you can think of to make it difficult. These are usually about 2 to 6 minutes in length. Some are a lot longer for some riders.

The rest of the course is transfer sections between the special tests and is a variety of terrain. The Pro and Expert riders are given about 1:30 or 1:45 to complete a lap, depending on the length and difficulty

This obstacle itself is not that hard to do, or that damaging to the bike (point of question), if you attack it with enough momentum and the right technique. I was just concerned that the linkage on the newer Huskys seem to be the lowest slung of any on the market and might be at risk in this situation.

EDIT: BTW - there were two of these barriers to go over, one after the other. You also had the option of using 16' long, 12" wide 'see-saws' to get over them, but that was not the fastest way.
  20. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is a good way to get over some nasty cement:thumbsup:

Attached Files: