1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New Owner of WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 72racerx, Mar 7, 2013.

1. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    G'day All!!! Just layed down some hard earned on a new 13 WR125. Was wondering if some one could point me in the right direction for a skidplate or bashplate for above mentioned bike. I'm not real confident in the OEM supplied.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Congrats on the 125,I have one and love it,best single track bike I've owned.I got the skid plate from Motosportz,he is a sponsor here.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

While your at it order a 36mm Lectron Carb for the bike too.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As you are in Australia you might want to look at the local stuff or maybe an Australian member here will point out the good stuff local. Great bikes, enjoy.
  5. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    X3! get the lectron ,no comparison to the mikuni in ease of tuning and performance IMHO.:cheers:
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    No dont get the 36mm Lectron

Get the 38mm one

First 2013s just arrived - noice

Id recommend getting an FMF fatty (and a pipe guard )as a cost effective boost to power and if its a 125 going for a 52 tooth rear sprocket straight away - good luck :cheers:
  8. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Thanks all for the info. The one listed on ebay looks interesting. Unfortunately Force Accessories down here don't have a listing for a bashplate and neither do B&B Offroad. So it narrows down my choices.
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The one on eBay is the same as mine and is still in great shape after 3 years. Can't fault it
    Looks cool too
    R and d husky have one on their website for $99 ish
  10. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Hi 72 racerx,
    I ended up making one and bending some aluminium sheet and it actually goes up to the underside of the radiators and exhaust comes thru. It protects against all mud and rocks onto radiator hoses and also wraps around water pump and also prevents all the damage on the frame / footpeg mounts area that is common to the later model frame types. A lot of work in making but I wanted something like I had on sons KTM SX 85, provides ultimate protection to underside of engine.

Regards.
  11. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Thanks for the reply I have picked up a cheapish P3 skid plate, I will see how that goes for the time being. I'm hoping to test it out this Sunday again at a friends property. There is still a few things on the shopping list to get yet like radiator & hand guards etc. Had some great fun on it last weekend chasing around a CRF250 & 450. We all swapped bikes to see what others were like. I'll stick with me 125 for the time being, its certainly a lot easier to fling around.

Even rode it to work the other day for just for kicks and let a few of my work mates have a look at it. I did get a few strange looks on the way there and back from other motorists.:D