1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc New owner with questions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by dirtyface, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dirtyface Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM
    Just purchased a 2012 WR125. It has a 144 kit. This is my first Husqvarna. What should I do to prep the bike for riding? Is the stock jetting okay for sea level? How much oil does the motor hold?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Check the email I just sent to you, I just now changed your name as requested.
    (forgot to click on the Save button before :bang head: )
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Is it brand new?

I would break it down completely and grease all bearings and pivot points VERY WELL. This is under-done from the factory. Jetting is hit and miss. Your going to have to sort that out, as there is no cut and dry answer for what will work best for your setup. There are, however, some people on here that could probably get you close to what your looking for, as long as your tell them which carb your running (stock mikuni, or aftermarket kehin)

You, my friend, have purchased what I consider to be one of the best trail bikes out there...

Your oil question confuses me.
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    That is the ticket..... I bought a new one in June and this is a great handing motor cycle ...... As Blake said there are a bunch of people who can really help with your set up....Good luck with it....
  5. dirtyface Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM
    sorry i was not clear my ktm holds 700cc of oil and the bike is new the dealer put the 144 kit in before i brought the bike home
  6. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Check out my thread "new" 2010 wr144. My bike was in new condition when I bought it about 6 months ago and I completely disassembled it and greased every-thing. As said before, the factory is very skimpy with grease when the bikes are built. The trans holds .85 quarts of oil or have the level in the middle of the sight glass on the clutch cover when the bike is level.:cheers:.
    Jersey Woods likes this.