1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New pipe 09 WR 250 , E=Mc2

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by johnnyBgood, Nov 17, 2011.

1. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Just installed new FMF gnarly pipe on 09 wr 250 and most people here say they don,t like them so due to that I was slow to buy one but had a hard time find something other then fmf or pro circuit , i already had fmf muffler so that shot pro circuit out of the loop . That said the WR motor is all ready a tork monster and I didn,t want a tork pipe but my hands where tied so I bought one , fitment was OK . That said I wanted to spread the power with gearing so I went from a 13 tooth front sprocket to a 14 tooth , WOW the bike is really smooth it loves the FMF combo gearing is spot-on pulls like a trials bike down low in nasty slow stuff and then smoothly pulls to the moon , I should have done this a long time ago . cuodos to FMF I like it , I would buy another right away . Just my opion every bodys different but worked great for me . Good luck husky riders............ E=Mc2 ..... energy equals mass times velocity .
  2. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Ive just fitted a fmf gnarly to my wr 252, but i wont get to try it saturday. Im also running the stock wr muffler with 14 52 gearing. Ive got a couple of minor jetting issuses to sort out hopefully doing that on friday.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Did you have to re-jet? I have felt that the stock pipe holds back the top end but didn't want to lose any mid-range but you are saying the Gnarly gives you both?
  4. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Energy equals mass times velocity squared. That formula pertains to crashing head on into a tree and coming to a stop. Or on a slower level could be used to determing how big a dent you make in your new pipe depending on how fast you are going and how much the bike weighs. Not sure if you should count the rider weight in those computations or not.
  5. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    With your pipe change to Gnarly, { great choice ] you may have to lean out the pilot and raise the needle one notch. That's on an air-striker Keihn. The best thing about the Gnarly is that it makes the Husky a 3rd. gear bike, i mean 3rd. will handle it all with stock gearing. Well worth the investment as far as tuneup goes.
  6. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I bought a DEP for my 300 smoothed out the transitions and pulls harder on top.
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Where did you buy it? Are they still available?
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They were available from Enduro Engineering , I bought one of the last five from ToyTech. Fit like a glove also.
  9. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    I use the FMF gnarly with leo vince silencer, it does make it a 3rd gear machine especially in tight technical virginia and north carolina riding. 714480582_xW8FF-XL.jpg.jpeg
  10. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Gnarly with gear change , my pilot might be a tick lean other then that spot on and thats just maybe ,Bike runs super sweet .:thumbsup:
  11. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That picture would pass for Arkansas or Missouri.
  12. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Thats Brown mountain Ohv park in morganton N.C located a couple miles from the steel creek GNCC, really fun smooth place to ride. The pic was the only I could find and that trail is pretty fast compared to other trails they have, BUT IT IS AWESOME!:D
  13. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    That pic looks superb i wish we had more places to ride like that in the uk
  14. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

John C. : We'll need to hook up and ride when I get back from Florida. It sounds like you may have nailed the motor issue. Have a nice Thanksgiving ! John H.
  15. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Looks like I'll be trying the Gnarly pipe. IMG_0057.JPG
  16. Enmerdeur Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Ahh, fill that pipe with water and throw it in the freezer! I've popped out way worse than that just using rubber freeze plugs in each end, worse side effect was I had to reweld a seem once or twice.
    lankydoug likes this.
  18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Once I got the bent up pipe guard off it didn't look to bad and it rode like the dent smoothed out the low/mid power. I've been looking for an excuse to try the Gnarly so once I get one I might experiment with dent repair.
  19. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I've got 2 rides on the Gnarly pipe and I agree with everything johnnyBgood said. I do think I could lean out the main one step but everything else is great. It's smoother and easier to ride and pulls hard bottom to top without the hard sudden hit the stock pipe has. I took the dent out of my stock pipe but I doubt I'll ever want to put it back on.
  20. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

What you are saying about the Gnarly sounds good, it's just when I have used them on KTM 250's they just made a bunch of grunt bottom mid and nothing else.

I just ordered a DEP pipe from DEPUSA. They're on sale until Dec 20 for $200 !

This is going on my 09 WR250