1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New pipe tips:

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pvduke, Jul 21, 2011.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Got a new pipe last night and before I slap one on for the first time I like to...:

1- get an old cable, wire, etc and chuck it up in a drill then snake the pipe with it, let it flail around in there a bit to knock off any flashing or slag that can get knocked loose and sucked back into the engine. You'd be suprised what's hiding in there.

2- blast it all out with the hose, really good, soapy hot water works great too with a long bottle brush and dries fast when ya rinse with cold to cut the suds and then rinse in hot clear water.

3- plug one end, pour some pre-mix in the other, then cap and swish around to coat the innards so it dont rust up. Then hang by tab with both ends open from the vise and let it drip out.

4- uncoated pipe: put on some laytex/nytrile gloves, then, clean with laquer thinner then alcohol to remove handprints, grease etc. before and after mounting, then, wipe on the clean metal some ATF before ya fire it the first time. Seems to help on some naked pipes with preventing flash rust after washing- as I've been told. Handprints etc. tend to get burned into the surface.

That's about all I can remember at the moment, got any of your own? Post 'em up!
    john01 likes this.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Have it ceramic coated?

I like these but have no idea on cost. Saw one on George's Baja Raceco engine and it seemed like the ultimate solution.
  3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    We have a ceramic coating place here. I've always wanted to get my pipes done in black; just never actually gone through with it.
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    That would look slick but, gosh if I mashed a chamber after I ceram-coated it that would be a :censored:'r!
  5. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    Like Mick Jagger says: Paint it black.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Snaked my new one last night with a magnet on a claw thingy....man I pulled out some frags!
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Zachary, that way if I mash it? Meh, finish cost me 5$.
  8. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    It looks definitely looks good. I had my headers done for my Camaro, was not cheap. Don't think it would stand up to offroad abuse at all. I know i got little nicks in mine just from installing them. It's a coating not a plating!
  9. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Funny you should you post this , I put my pipe on yesterday. The fit was a little tight and needed "persuaded" a little . I was just going to get it ceramic coated first but I am glad I didn't I think I like it like it as is. From a performance stand point all I can say is "wow" . It has been a long time since I have had a exhaust system that I have installed and really felt it made that much of a difference, this one does! I'am glad I spent the extra cheese and had one built espesially for my 167 . I know that the PC and FMF are half the money, that is because I feel you are getting half the pipe. This thing staight up rips, no if's and's or butts! .

Thanks Alan @ Scavini. :cheers:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    kevmack, typeone, bax3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    The "fabricated" look is awesome
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Those things are nutty wicked goodness. I'd be afraid to bolt one on my trail bike. Definitely a must have for a moto bike.
  12. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Nice Troffer, what length silencer did you end up with? Any issues with the shock resevoir? I wonder if they make a clear ceramic coating so you can retain the works look?
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome, I want to try that!!!
  14. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man that thing is pretty

I've found that light weight steel wool & some WD-40 keeps a pipe nice & clean, especially the "factory finish" ones. Also, the carbon guards are a must, but I remove mine just about evey other wash to get all the little rocks & grit that collect between the pipe & guard, it scatches & chaffs the pipe... I know, I'm A +++ retentive. LOL
  15. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

Is that what they call a "cone " pipe?

Looks awesome
  16. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    Yeah, I agree nice lookn' pipe from the outside but thats not where performance comes from. I presume it is TIG welded. Was it purged with Argon during welding as this will ensure a clean finish on the inside?
  17. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine rubs a little I put a ding in it for some room, I will keep a eye on it

I pressure tested it first before I even touched it , it was good. I do the pressue tests before I will mount a pipe like this, I have had pipes made like this before and they leaked and having the MFG warranty them after they have been mounted has been a pain. I have a camera snake form looking at water leaks , I works good for looking in side pipes and this thing looks just like the outside on the inside , clean:thumbsup: top notch workmanship, a true artisan.