1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New Smokers For 2013

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by madfish, Feb 2, 2012.

1. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    Source at the sumter national enduro associated with hUSKY SAID THEY ARE TESTING SEVERAL NEW 2 STROKER MODELS AND LOOK TO BE BRINGING AT LEAST a few of these to the states for 2013. wooohhooo. keeping fingers crossed.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    And the rumors begin, lets hope they are good one's and true.
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My sources say ......I won't be holding my breath. I do hope it true though.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Come on, don't be getting my hopes up!
  5. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

I heard a 310 2 stroke with a 6 spd and a new frame. Sorry no electric start for you girls out there.
    454x, shawbagga, Gotlabs and 2 others like this.
  6. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Put me down for one.

JS
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Well considering we girls are 50%+ of the buying group interested in this bike, it sounds like it just fell short of actually taking sales away from KTM, Gas Gas, or any 4T.
    jmetteer likes this.
  8. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I dont see electric start heppening until they do a full renovation, i think we will see a remodel first
  9. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Same old story...I will believe it when I see it ;)
    jbankes likes this.
  10. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Don't be complaining about no e-start, most of you said you would be happy with a transition model until a complete redesign was ready.
    GP
  11. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Lets face it. The WR line is pretty old school. And even with that being the case most everybody that owns one loves it. Or at least likes it a lot. If Husky wants to take baby steps and test the waters that fine with me. Any progression is a great sign ecspecially in this economy. I sure will miss the lower price tags though! :applause:
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2010 WR 300 with 2002 CR electronics and 2006 stock WR 250 Carb runs great.
    Then with the Forks dialed in by Zip Ty Racing and the Rear Ohliens TTX shock by David at Fast Bike Indistries ,along with a larger rear break and a stock tank with dry break
    The bike is now a really nice bike.I belevie it is better then a KTM and works well for me
    Now if Husky did build a new 2 stroke that would be something to look at

As a race only bike I do not need a electric start. 5 or 6 speed it really does not matter
    If they build a new bike. There has been many options that many people on this sight that have asked for
    Hope we do not ask for to much and make the bike to expensive to build for most people
    Gotlabs, 454x and TROFFER88 like this.
  13. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I don't think the WR's need a 6 speed. Just a true "wide ratio" trans.
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Don't get me wrong, but I love the idea of the big bore 2T in the new frame. My WR360 has the 6 speed and while it works well it would probably be a better fit for the true WR 5 speed that husky installed in the 1999-2001 WR250. I tried to make that swap but the extra size of the 360 crankcase doesn't allow room for the much larger 5th gear. The abundant torque and spread of power in a big bore 2T makes the wide 5 work well. I also think that e-start is an un-needed option in a pure race bike. Problem is that most of these will be going to sometime racers and frequent trail riders where the e-start is really a plus. When you are having to get off and kick with your left leg on really steep side hills while the pack of ktms hit the button and are gone really sucks for a short guy. Obviously talent is an issue. :banghead:

If the new 2T is just a one year retro-fit to bridge to an all new 2T line in 2014 or 2015 then I get back to where they aren't going to take sales away from KTM, et al. They need to at least offer the options that KTM offers. KTM's e-start is an afterthought design but mostly works and Husky could add the same type of design if only as an option. JMO on selling the brand.
  15. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    why dont they make a race model without e-start but with suspension upgrade & a standard e-start model with lower end suspension(ala 2012 gasser ec300)?! i hate to say it but the new gassers are really startin to shift my interest for new bike!
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All the US 2012 GG bikes will come as the Race models with or without E-start; buyers choice.
  17. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I was thinking GG but there isnt a lot of dealers around and the cost was too much for me. I am going to try and stick with Husky if I can because my 165 is flat out awsome and am hoping that by the time I am ready to buy a 'new' bike Husky will have picked up the pace a bit. Im am only a B-rider though so maybe a higher tech bike with more CC's would be best. If Husky made a 175 or 200 that would be sweet (for me) but you dont see much interest below 200cc. Lots of people think that you have to have 200cc or higher to compete. I disagree. To each their own I guess.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm no racer but I know I'm faster on my 08 CR144 Husky than my 2010 GasGas 300 so I agree with you, less is more with most riders. I've been asking Husky to build a 200 for a couple of years now but they don't have their ears on LOL. Thank goodness we have Walt to help us out.
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    '12 gassers in OZ are either ec300e(e-start) or race version(no e-start but renthal twinwalls, different grips, plastic colours-white front fender, graphics & anodized rear sprocket for $200 more). personally id go for the race version cos e-start just adds 3 kilos. apparantly you can turn an e model into kicker only by just buying a new powervalve cover, flywheel nut & ditching the battery/starter motor. still cheaper than ktm/berg/tm but not as cheap as a husky! roll on 2013-huskys 2T year!
  20. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Most are confused on what a husky 6spd is really and think it is, or should be a 5spd with a 6th gear as an overdrive ... Not true and calling the current WR 2ts WRs has not helped .. They are CR trannys from the CR bikes....

The current husky 6sps have a 1st gear slightly lower than a 5spd and a 6th gear slightly taller than 5th on a 5spd. Then the 6spd has 4 CR gears stacked between 1st and 6th allowing the perfect gear to be selected (up or down) in almost any dirt riding situation.

A true 5spd, WR tranny sounds like what most of you guys want here .... Myself, with the low street speeds here, the current 6spd CR trannys are perfect ...

Using the current new 125 \ 250 frames would be perfect for me ... I have that frame on the way and I always swap in a 2t engine in the future ...

Also, releasing\announcing a 2013 2t machine in 6-7 months would be a winning ticket ..