new TE630 thread on ADV

Discussion in '610/630' started by Bobby, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
  2. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
  3. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll take one of each please. :thumbsup:

Lots of folks knocking the bikes on ADV but, a 2 into 1 exhaust, 5 gallon Aquline tank. Almost 610 weight with 20% more power, should still be one of the best dual sports on the market.
  5. highball Husqvarna
    B Class

I agree with Rattletrap. An owner of the new TE630 can trim the weight down back to the TE610 range. As is, the new 630 has more power to weight... just a little too much weight stock.
    The new 630 is nice looking. Thankfully, they stopped with the white frame paint.
    Does anyone have a guess about the new engine's durability?
    I noticed compression went from 11:1 with the 610 SOHC to 12.4:1 with the 630 DOHC.
    Also noticed rear brake disc got bigger, but fuel tank got smaller.
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

This new bike is depressing. If I had cash, I'd be calling Scotty for the first SM 630 he could get his hands on :D

Talk about drool factor.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I need some paper towels :p :cheers:
  7. rajobigguy Administrator

I really don't understand why people are crying about a few extra lbs. The 610 was no light weight and never intended as a competiton enduro bike so it should be no surprise that the the 630 would be any different. If you want a dirt bike with a lincense plate then the 450/510 are the machines that should be looking at, the 610/630 are squarely aimed at guys like me who want to ride 75 miles of hwy to the trail, spend some time off roading in a fast paced but non competitive enviroment then ride back home. To that end the the 610 and now the 630 are probably the best bikes on the planet, frankly I'm gateful that they didn't ruin the bike by trying to make it into something different.:excuseme:
  8. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well said. I was thinking the same thing. Thank god it didnt end up the over engineered german/austrian thing it could have become. Looks like a great updated 610 to me, and thats just what i hoped it would be.
    The bigger motor should allow for panniers, fairing, big tank and all that a la the LC4 adventure bikes.
    My 610 is fresh and dialed, but yeah in a year or three i will get a 630 and ride it to work, and then to Cabo. Nice job Husky.
  9. Rattletrap Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wonder if the new headlight will fit my 08? Thats the only thing I'm really ticked about my 610 is the headlight. Spend $6000 for a bike and then can't ride it to work at night. Constantly having to leave early from every ride looking at my watch so I can be back home before dark. I'll have to check them out when the new 630's hit the show room floors.
  10. husky666 Mini-Sponsor

The 610's never had white frames they are silver.The gas tanks are also the same 3.17 gal.

08 TE/SM 610
  11. highball Husqvarna
    B Class

Haven't owned a 610 (yet), just looking at specs.
    Older 610's show 3.3 gal tank. New 630 shows 3.17. Could be my spec source. About the same regardless. :thumbsup:
    I was in a showroom recently looking at some '09 Huskys and saw white frame paint, but it must have been on a 510? I looked at a 610 in the lineup, also. Brain fart, I guess.
    All I know is white frame paint is wrong.
    Hope the 630 is as reliable/durable. We'll find out soon enough.
  12. North Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    530 ktm 1200GS
    Well, the Bike looks great.

There are still couple of things I think they missed like better front forks, a bit larger tank. (And yea, black rims would of been nice.) I think that the dual cans is extra added weight.

But all in all, it's still is the best Dualsport out there. And I want one.:thumbsup:
  13. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe the tank is different OR MAYBE the tank is the same and they are just measuring a more realistic fuel capacity.. It seems in my 08 the internal pump and stuff takes up about .1 - .2 G of the overall capacity.
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

boy it would be nice if it was the same tank. Maybe SOMEBODY would make a tank if there are now, 3+ model years with the same damned tank.
  15. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Now that they are running EFI, although it is unfortunate for the tourers, they can afford to drop the size of the tank due to better fuel economy.
    The seat and plastics are different so i'm guessing it's a new tank.
  16. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    as someone already said, its not a ballsy forest enduro bike so if you want big bore enduro, buy a te510 ! the 630 looks awsome in motard/street trim.. absolutely beautiful !! i'd love one or two, or wait, maybe as many as i could get !
  17. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    ps, that motard pic is already my pc desktop background and will take something special to remove it ! :)
  18. Will Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 610 originally had a white frame. OK, so it was almost 20 years ago, but Husqvarna really got into the white frame paint for a while. Beats me why, because I think it looks awful.
  19. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

the new star of "Ugly Betty". I hate paint on a swingarm That's for crotch-rockets!!! Does it even say "husqvarna" or "TE-630" anywhere? Here's a tip-save money on bulky exhausts and fairings-not graphics. Please someone make that front clip and fender so it can deflect something besides a bug. Is that dual exhaust??? Can we find a way to make it heavier already??? Pa-lease!!! I was looking forward to this. Looks like another big-bore d.s. aimed at retired enthusiasts (not that there's anything wrong with that), but come on...I was looking for more of a Husky XR-650R with turn signals. Who wants another KLR-650??? Yeah !!! No, boooooooooo !