1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st New thread: What´s your best improvement?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi guys! Thought it would be intresting to hear what you guys see as the best thing you have done to your 2-stroker. This also gives everyone else good tips of how to make our Huskys even better! Say what you have done, how it has improved the bike, where you got it and also how you rate it on a scale 1-10.

Johnny:sweden:
  2. zanol Husqvarna
    B Class

good idea, my was a comp 3 rear tyre, lot´s of traction in all terrain and polyetilene inside the handlbar
  3. KXWR Husqvarna
    C Class

Pro Circuit exhaust pipe and silencer.Smoother running engine,more responsive,stretched the powerband,removed the jerkieness when going from low to midrange.
    The combonation of the PC exhaust,40 pilot,440 main and Gay needle on the third clip setting,49T rear sprocket and a set of Dunlop MX51 tires 120x90x18 rear,90x100x21 front have made this bike so much more fun to ride.The stock Michelin tires that came on my bike sucked.No side bite in the rear and the front tire was so narrow it just sunk into the sand and soft dirt so bad that it knifed in on the turns and was very unstable at speed.Today was the first run with the new jet kit.I went with what most people on this site said they were using and it worked great.The slight hesitation just off idle was completely gone and the bike ran clean throughout the powerband.I don't feel any need to mess with anymore jets.I'm happy with the engine and the tires help everywhere especially in the turns.Now it's time to get some suspension work done.
    09 WR300
  4. elbenson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR250
    I have a few modifications on my 2000 WR250. It is so good stock so I really haven't changed to much.

1) LTR Suspension (Front/Rear) - 10, Much better than stock
    2) Flex Bars - 7. Not required, but after riding with then they are really nice.
    3) Fastway Footpegs - 8, low position that provides lots of space and helped with ergos since I am 6' 2" tall.
    4) Rear Trials Tire - 9, great traction for all those tough trails.

Wish List:
    -Rekluse
    -PWK Carb
    -Guts tall seat

Eric
  5. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Zanol,

Poly what?

Hook us up with some details.
  6. Petzi Husqvarna
    C Class

ZAP Clutch Unit! Makes it as light as a hydraulic one! :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

7. zanol Husqvarna
    B Class

8. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

got my bike pretty well set up. the single best thing ive done mod wise was putting on the turbine core silencer.

i like the no toil filter stuff that i started using on my husky and have switched to using on both my bikes now. just because its so easy to clean up.
  9. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

but the 2 best thing on my bike are

WEP steering damper

and power valve control unit
    [IMG]
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've got a WC Elite Perch and it makes a big difference, too. They have a much better leverage ratio than the stocker.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 30-40 lbs I am going to lose in the next 6 months.:cheers:

Walt
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Huh, I've been putting on weight to hold the darn thing down. :excuseme:
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Uptite LED headlight ... I can see.
    Uptite throttle tube...smoother throttle response

08 TE250
  14. speedkills Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500AF
    Best change made. Powervalve adjusted properly.
    Best change made. Progressive fork springs and lighter weight oil.

Ok, I can't decide, I'd hate to go back to riding my bike with the fork or powerband in stock form. Thanks go out to Jake and Kelly for getting both straightened out and working great.

Tubliss kit. Pain in the ass to install but I sure do like how my bike works with 6lbs of pressure in the tires.

Unsure of mods.
    Power Now. I can't tell the difference, but maybe this is because I need new rings. If I had it to do again I wouldn't buy it, didn't hurt but doesn't noticably help.

Flexx bars. I swear by them on my 500, not sure they're doing much on the 125 but I haven't ridden without them.

Softer Fork springs. I'm a bit unsure of this as well, Jake and Kelly are both of the mindset that the fork springs made most of the difference in my front end compliance, where I have a feeling the lighter fork oil made most of the improvement and wouldn't mind a firmer spring up front, although maybe I just need to go to a firmer progressive spring. Can't be 100% sure without testing.

Wish list
    Bigger gas tank.

Shorter throw throttle. I may try the old zip tie around the throttle pulley trick one of these days.

Seat hump. Personal preference but I had one on another bike and really liked it.

Hot grips. Because I'm a wus.

Big ass headlight, maybe one of those cool LED units. This bike would be a blast at the 24 hours of starvation ridge and since the laps are only 25 miles I could even complete one with my stock tank.

Steering damper. Once in a while the 125 gets twitchy at speed, although firmer fork springs might fix this as well. Overall I'm a huge fan of steering dampers but on a bike that handles this well it almost makes you wonder if you need it. Kelly has one on his bike though and everyone who rides it says it really helps so I'll probably end up adding one sooner or later.
  15. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
  16. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Without a doubt the best improvement is getting the forks professionally re-worked.
  17. arp Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 Enduro
    Best improvement...just about everything in the bottom end. :banghead:
    Oh, and a new piston. :shocked:
    You've heard of buying a lemon... I just might have bought the whole fruit stand.
    What can you do :excuseme:
  18. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Alex- It wasn't that your bike was a lemon, it's that it had all the juice squeezed out, and then some. ;)
  19. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

How does that line go.. Oh yeah.. "You Are What You Buy".. :D

Isn't there a rule that you have to have a 2 stroke to post in the 2 stroke forum.. :ride:
  20. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Alex,

But look at all the quality time you have gotten to spend with your bikes internals.:banghead: When you are all done you will have a completely new engine.

Walt